your shoes.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
my 1st thought was this... :)...

but, fail... they don't even wear them! :facepalm:

Lol. I should have given perspective. They are so into burying White past it was a bitch to even find this ....

dude.png

Now he's more of a "pretty boy" model type, but I guess he could be a template for those boots back then. I wanted a genuine late '70s, early '80s pic, ...but Google seems to exclude them.

Skinny was a must.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Lol. I should have given perspective. They are so into burying White past it was a bitch to even find this ....

View attachment 87722

Now he's more of a "pretty boy" model type, but I guess he could be a template for those boots back then. I wanted a genuine late '70s, early '80s pic, ...but Google seems to exclude them.

Skinny was a must.
lol...

where you grew up is also a factor.

It's like all the boots in here. Nobody here wears boots like that, unless you live in the mountains, or other wilderness area.

Most people here, dress for the beach as much as possible. Shorts & a t-shirt, or tank top. Even throughout much of the *cough* "winter"...

So wearing excess clothing here just doesn't fly...

Ever see that movie? It's hilarious. Mel Brooks movie...

Sapient

 
Reaction score
lol...

It's like all the boots in here. Nobody here wears boots like that, unless you live in the mountains, or other wilderness area.

Most people here, dress for the beach as much as possible. Shorts & a t-shirt, or tank top. Even throughout much of the *cough* "winter"...

Hey! I know a guy that lived by you specifically that DID wear them!

il_794xN.1718812495_bx28.jpg

Lol. He had black ones too!

Funny - you're right about location though. I didn't really consider that. Especially CA - they are usually doing their own thing ...that eventually spreads out to everywhere else. Back then anyway. Like ...Ocean Pacific. :)

Movie? The only one I've seen by him was Spaceballs. Was hilarious. "What a world ...What a world." Lol.

:)

Ken Ops

Reaction score
I wear black leather boots most of the time. Aussie made, solid, but comfy too.

Other than that, I got dress shoes and gym shoes.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was in school in the '80s only the coolest of the cool (which unfortunately was not me) showed up in these:

1428-2.jpg

If you were beyond cool, these:

_101810174.jpg

You were of the highest class "Burnout" in a set of these. Of course on the bad side, most went to special schools for bad behavior, drugs, bad conduct, fighting, skipping school, etc.

Wait ...that was cool, ...then. Lol.

Also, and what was better than wearing the "G" off of these back in the late '70s?

Vintage-70s-KINNEY-Great-American-Shoe-Store-GASS-Black-SUEDE-Ankle-Boots-7-M-_1.jpg
I had a pair of the first pic of knee high mockisans , they were comfortable and got passed around with my band mates in the early 80’s for gigs.
Cheers

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey! I know a guy that lived by you specifically that DID wear them!

il_794xN.1718812495_bx28.jpg

Lol. He had black ones too!

Funny - you're right about location though. I didn't really consider that. Especially CA - they are usually doing their own thing ...that eventually spreads out to everywhere else. Back then anyway. Like ...Ocean Pacific. :)

Movie? The only one I've seen by him was Spaceballs. Was hilarious. "What a world ...What a world." Lol.

:)
they were "men in tights" too... :)...

Mel Brooks, is a master of parody. He did the original Get Smart tv series... He pokes fun at society's ills & stereotypes... A lot of silliness, but, he does one silly thing after another...

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
I had a pair of the first pic of knee high mockisans , they were comfortable and got passed around with my band mates in the early 80’s for gigs.
Cheers

I had a pair of those back in the 70's..The ones I make for myself these days are a low-topped plains Indian style.

I did make a pair of high topped winter mocs for both myself and my wife out of Bison hide with the hair on the inside a couple of years back though..They're kind of like Mukluks, I've worn them in -20 degree weather and my feet stayed warm as toast! :D

DaDoc

Reaction score
lol...

If I lived near a beach, it would be shorts, Hawaiian shirts and bare feet! :lol:

Over the past few years I've been going barefoot in the summer a lot more than I have in decades!

Vinsanitizer

Seven Seven Seven
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys what are we wearing and what do you like about them? make and model please.
pics are welcome.
im going with a few categories on this one.
a) your work shoes
b) you going out and about shoes
c) your "just plain damn comfortable" shoes
d) your those rare occasions shoes.
Casual and at-home:
(Minnetonka Moccasins)

iu

For dress, work & business, these (only black square-toe shoes. None of that pointy or rounded or shiny brown or dull loafer crap):

iu

For Walmart shopping:
Basically anything that looks like a Halloween costume. Pajamas and slippers, some old drapes, a dirty table cloth, or a fat suit with a large @ss crack will do.

I will NEVER be seen wearing khaki shorts, short-sleeve button-down shirts, plaid, or [email protected] sandals. No men's wear c.1992 thru 2005 have been in my possession. That includes wool ski hats as well.

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Just some regular old skechers black sneakers that fit my big wide feet pretty well.

I am wearing them because the New Balance model that fit me so well for so many years has been discontinued, which is stupid, because
what company doesn't need a basic black sneaker in their lineup? Why mess with a successful basic shoe?

The Skechers fit well enough but there was a period where my feet had to adapt to their differences.

In general all I care about with shoes is that they be durable, comfortable, very basic, and inexpensive. And they can't be a Nike product.

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
I still have one last pair of white NewBalance, otherwise known as "dad shoes." My daughter made fun of them a few years ago, noting that only old farts wear them. But they are comfortable, dadgummit! Unfortunately, you can't get the good ones like they made in the 90's.

Last edited:

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
My 2 favorites are my white Reebok Classics Ex-O-Fits and my Army green Reebok Classics Harman Runs. I also have a pair of Hi Tec hiking boots, Rothco snow boots and another pair of white high top Reebok DMX ABR's from the late 90's that are still in great shape for their age. Had a couple pics for when I did reviews on the Reebok Classics.

White Reeboks.jpg
Green Reeboks.jpg

DaDoc

Reaction score
I live in Montana, so I wear cowboy boots. Mine are made of bison hide from Carter's Custom Boots in Bozeman. I also have a nice pair of Tony Llama's. Those are more utilitarian and better for riding.

But I also wear Timberland Hikers, Indian moccasins, Schnee's Pac boots, Reeboks, and sometimes low-top Chucks, depending on the weather and my mood at the moment. :D

Latest posts