Why no arrogant posters in here?

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Well so far, but I'd say most if not all the places I post on the net.......people are so soft and get butthurt over any little thing you say. serious about everything, never wrong and pretend they are so intelligent on every issue. now me, I'm a dork with a little common sense that's got me through life just fine.

So, are you guys being easy on the NOOB or is it just like this here? guess I just have thick skin and keyboard gangsters don't bother me. keep in mind I'm Colonel Flagg and have interrogated many, so be cool.:nono:

Wait for it....just wait for it.....

grin.gif

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
This forum is for the real Marshall fans. We ignore trolls, morons, and douchebags.... if you post bullshit here, you get ignored or banned quickly. We don't put up with, or react to troublemakers here..
Seems to me this forum is far more lenient than others, without mentioning names...

The mods here do a good job of letting us work it out amongst ourselves until someone goes too far.

A lot better than some other forums where everyone has a plushy and a safe space.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Wow !

This thread is all over the place lol.

Take a dead thread and turn it into......
I don't really know what it's turned into?
Banter thread?

Arrogance isn't a constant issue here, only with select few. But even then, it's really sparce for a bunch of musicians .
I just dismiss it,....after all it's the internet.

Though ,I have noticed in the past year how cliquey MF has become. Or always was?
If you don't like it, don't read it, and don't comment on it,if it's not your bag.
Problem solved.
:)

Now back to drilling fingernails........

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Well so far, but I'd say most if not all the places I post on the net.......people are so soft and get butthurt over any little thing you say. serious about everything, never wrong and pretend they are so intelligent on every issue. now me, I'm a dork with a little common sense that's got me through life just fine.

So, are you guys being easy on the NOOB or is it just like this here? guess I just have thick skin and keyboard gangsters don't bother me. keep in mind I'm Colonel Flagg and have interrogated many, so be cool.:nono:
Hi Flag,

Welcome to the forum!

We are not just being nice to you as a newbie. Rather this is one of the few forums you'll come across where everyone is here because they enjoy the hobby of owning, playing, refurbishing, and building Marshall amps. There is no ulterior motive.

This is the only online forum to which I belong. Even though I agree with Groucho Marx that I would not want to be part of a club that would have me as a member, this forum is different. There are several reasons why.

First, we are enthusiasts in a somewhat esoteric hobby. Granted, lots of musicians use and love Marshall amps, but not all of them actually want to hear other people's advice and opinions about them. So, from the start, it is a self-selecting group.

Second, most people just ignore any sort of baiting here. If someone says something stupid or racist they usually get ignored and give up or go elsewhere. They just don't gain any traction. Apart from that we're pretty thick-skinned.

And finally, for whatever reason, MF'ers seem like genuinely nice people, often with interests outside of music and musical equipment. They write interesting posts. Generally, any post that goes not stimulate interesting threads gets removed or disappears.

So welcome to the best forum on the planet!

Btw, loved Col. Flagg in the old M*A*S*H series. Wasn't he the one who said he was like the wind just before he broke his leg jumping out a window?

Cal

Flag

Reaction score
Hi Flag,

Welcome to the forum!

We are not just being nice to you as a newbie. Rather this is one of the few forums you'll come across where everyone is here because they enjoy the hobby of owning, playing, refurbishing, and building Marshall amps. There is no ulterior motive.

This is the only online forum to which I belong. Even though I agree with Groucho Marx that I would not want to be part of a club that would have me as a member, this forum is different. There are several reasons why.

First, we are enthusiasts in a somewhat esoteric hobby. Granted, lots of musicians use and love Marshall amps, but not all of them actually want to hear other people's advice and opinions about them. So, from the start, it is a self-selecting group.

Second, most people just ignore any sort of baiting here. If someone says something stupid or racist they usually get ignored and give up or go elsewhere. They just don't gain any traction. Apart from that we're pretty thick-skinned.

And finally, for whatever reason, MF'ers seem like genuinely nice people, often with interests outside of music and musical equipment. They write interesting posts. Generally, any post that goes not stimulate interesting threads gets removed or disappears.

Btw, loved Col. Flagg in the old M*A*S*H series. Wasn't he the one who said he was like the wind just before he broke his leg jumping out a window?

Cal
Thanks Cal. is a nice Laid-Back in here. TBH, Flagg was one of those I overlooked until I started watching the reruns.......but always a funny episode when he showed up.

Last edited:

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone’s got one, but you don’t always want to see it.

Ive actively hidden peoples content who rub me up the wrong way then I can can’t get agitated if any future interactions occur.

I think everyone here is polite and the ones that do become idiots is alway due to not reading something properly to which they take offence then a defensive reply comes from other side etc etc.

I think others have said tho if someone talks shite they’ll get found out by the people who know there stuff.

Orange amp forum was always a good place till it lost traction. Gibson forum was full of cork sniffers and god forbid your les paul was a model lower than a standard or an epiphone 😱

It’s pretty good here most of the time tho. Good thread. Read all of it except the hidden content 😂

BlueX

Reaction score
Hi Flag,

Welcome to the forum!

Cal
Well written! I agree, most of the time it's really good here. Few times it can get nasty, but that will pass into the forgotten history.

Rokinroller

Reaction score
Many different new folks here now than in the past . A couple years back I had to dismiss / ignore this place as it had lost a lot of good members and began filling up with a bunch of morons . I slowly came back to see what was up , but still tread the waters carefully for snakes n trolls . So far all is pretty good . No , I'm not perfect , but I am peaceful , and would rather walk away from disturbed aggressive smartasses . Peace to all .

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
Thans Cal. is a nice Laid-Back in here. TBH, Flagg was one of those I overlooked until I started watching the reruns.......but always a funny episode when he showed up.
You're welcome! One of the joys of the show were those eccentric characters that showed up periodically. It was always fun when you realized they were in that episode.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
Just to clarify a few things guys. I looked through the thread and think some took my comments as being a jerk, wanting to fight or whatever you thought. I apologize to anyone I may had offended as I'm just trying to fit in and wanted to joke around some.

Most places if you're new, some people who have been members a long time feel the need to be aholes and act "ARROGANT" about every issue. in no way am I trying to start anything, guess it just came out the wrong way.

I was kinda shocked when I made my first post and was welcomed like I had been here as one of you. I feel bad about this and sorry.

Actually, I totally got what you said..And the reason I've hung around this forum for as long as I have is because there's a great bunch of folks here. We do get an occasional jerk, but that brings up another great feature about the MF, the most excellent "ignore" button.

There's been a few other forums over the years I stopped hanging out at because of the overabundance of the douchbags, the PC and wokefullness worship crap, and no ignore button.

And the jerks, as a general rule, don't last long here..In the years I've been here, the asshats I've put on ignore have invariably got themselves banned.

Most of them anyway..

Frodebro

Reaction score
Actually, I totally got what you said..And the reason I've hung around this forum for as long as I have is because there's a great bunch of folks here. We do get an occasional jerk, but that brings up another great feature about the MF, the most excellent "ignore" button.

There's been a few other forums over the years I stopped hanging out at because of the overabundance of the douchbags, the PC and wokefullness worship crap, and no ignore button.

And the jerks, as a general rule, don't last long here..In the years I've been here, the asshats I've put on ignore have invariably got themselves banned.

Most of them anyway..

I think every single person I have ever used the ignore option on here has wound up perma-banned. I guess I could do the mods a solid and let them know whenever I add another one so that they can cut out the drama and just hose the sucker right then and there... :coffee:

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
I think every single person I have ever used the ignore option on here has wound up perma-banned. I guess I could do the mods a solid and let them know whenever I add another one so that they can cut out the drama and just hose the sucker right then and there... :coffee:

Where are the "laugh smilies" when ya need them?

That's been my experience as well, in a lot of cases I didn't even know they had been banned because I was ignoring them! (Another laugh smilie here)

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it does come from the cuticle but it is so weird looking it kind of grows out thin and then fills in. This is like what happened to my finger but, of course, this is a toe.

In my younger days, when I first started driving big trucks, I had hopped out to raise the landing gear, I spun that damn handle so fast to impress the other driver.. that it folded in and I slammed my thumb on the right hand into the bottom of the trailer,,
It turned black , and eventually the nail came off from the back of my thumb.
(it actually got caught in the strings of my guitar) and it indeed grew back from the cubicle..

Cheers

MikiDord smf

Reaction score

cool, i like that expression '' keyboard gangsters'', i call them ''keyboard warriors'' but gangsters seems like the better word. I don't have a lot experience on forums, but i was suffering from the same attacks in one place.
It was either that ''gangsters'' due to a reasons known only to them had recognized my comments as ''attacks'' on a brands which they adore, or because owner of some brand would respond and then His army of fans would ''spit'' on me by using street language.
in essence i was just sharing studies and tried to talk about things which i used to improve my own pickups, amps, guitars etc.

For example i made a post ''How to became rich in pedal industry super fast and super easy by knowing nothing except to solder'' and represented 13 easy steps , i called it ''13 lucky steps''. Which by the way work and for sure it is possible to make millions in a few years, 100% in a legal way. SO it was a truth represented in a sarcastic way and i never mentioned any brands in it.

Well it was the last thing i did basically ☺, since people were threating to me believe it or not, just because i made a joke which is based on the real facts. It was amazing to watch reactions up to some point. I didn't knew that adimin and owner is friend or get $ from some companies which perceived my post as 'dangerous', like i shared the recipe for an atom bomb and not some known business and electronic facts.

This place seems a lot different, people are OK IMHO. If i may say normal, intelligent and for this small period of time i could talk with some in a civilised way, and that is amazing. So i like this place.

Last edited:

MikiDord smf

Reaction score
In my younger days, when I first started driving big trucks, I had hopped out to raise the landing gear, I spun that damn handle so fast to impress the other driver.. that it folded in and I slammed my thumb on the right hand into the bottom of the trailer,,
It turned black , and eventually the nail came off from the back of my thumb.
(it actually got caught in the strings of my guitar) and it indeed grew back from the cubicle..

Cheers
That was sure very panful, i hit my nail a few times with a hammer or during some sport activates but luckily it was never to much. So it didn't turn out blue-black, except 1 small dot was reddish. But i saw it happens to people that nail falls off as you described it.

If i may ask what is the feeling when nail falls off, does it hurts then or not? To me it always seems that skin below the nail is very sensitive, so i have no clue how it is when there is no nail to protect it.

In the middle of the century but also after, one of the worst tortures of people was when they plucked their nails. They say it's extremely painful. I saw the video when the doctor removes the toenail due to the fungus under the toenail, it's some kind of treatment method. My neighbour died from it, after the operation it got infected and it seems they did something wrong. I never asked his family about details.

Otherwise, I like to play with my fingers-notes sometimes, and I need to learn how to strengthen the nail. They have some methods I've seen glue everything with their fingernails to make it last and survive when they play just fingerstyle

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
That was sure very panful, i hit my nail a few times with a hammer or during some sport activates but luckily it was never to much. So it didn't turn out blue-black, except 1 small dot was reddish. But i saw it happens to people that nail falls off as you described it.

If i may ask what is the feeling when nail falls off, does it hurts then or not? To me it always seems that skin below the nail is very sensitive, so i have no clue how it is when there is no nail to protect it.

In the middle of the century but also after, one of the worst tortures of people was when they plucked their nails. They say it's extremely painful. I saw the video when the doctor removes the toenail due to the fungus under the toenail, it's some kind of treatment method. My neighbour died from it, after the operation it got infected and it seems they did something wrong. I never asked his family about details.

Otherwise, I like to play with my fingers-notes sometimes, and I need to learn how to strengthen the nail. They have some methods I've seen glue everything with their fingernails to make it last and survive when they play just fingerstyle
The nail came off from the back side of the thumb, I was wrapping tape or band aids around it, so it wouldn’t catch on everything, by the time it got caught in the guitars strings, and I ripped it off.. the front of my thumb had a nice callous to it.
But the top was still kind of tender, so I kept wrapping it it with a band aide, as the new nail was coming out..
Sorry to hear about your friend, that sounds terrible.

Mitch

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I have smacked my left thumb with a hammer so many times that one side of it no longer connects as it should.
But I have been bending nails for a living for over 40 years now.

Mitch

Last edited: