Why no arrogant posters in here?

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd wager 100% of this forum is dicks. :naughty:

We had a girl once.... Vin scared her off.
Be careful with that. On the surface it's funny. But the reality is that someone was hurt here by a bunch of perv horndogs. An artistic lesbian looking for a place to fit in on this forum. I watched [the forum members who were involved] practically ruin her Christmas holiday, and not one iota of that had to do with me.

Last edited:

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on Vin. You and your lo-life buddies all had a hand in it.
I purposely had nothing to do with her for this very reason.

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on Vin. You and your lo-life buddies all had a hand in it.
I purposely had nothing to do with her for this very reason.
Prove it or you're a liar.

For the record, the first strike here was yours.
After 10 years, you still haven't learned a damned thing.

Last edited:

wakjob

Reaction score
Be careful with that. On the surface it's funny. But the reality is that someone was hurt here by a bunch of perv horndogs. An artistic lesbian looking for a place to fit in on this forum. I watched [the forum members who were involved] practically ruin her Christmas holiday, and not one iota of that had to do with me.

Sorry buddy, I don't follow much of any forum drama. I had no idea. No offense my friend.

P.S. If there are females here, then that's just awesome. Always good to have different perspectives on some of the topics that come up here.

To everyone... :cheers:

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry buddy, I don't follow much of any forum drama. I had no idea. No offense my friend.

P.S. If there are females here, then that's just awesome. Always good to have different perspectives on some of the topics that come up here.

To everyone... :cheers:
I know you were joking, and you guys can always bust my nads anytime. ;) I said to "be careful" [with that kind of joking] because I didn't want others to take it the wrong way. That issue was a big deal here back when it happened.

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m kind of a big deal around here.
I have many leather bound books.
My over priced studio basement apartment smells of rich mahogany.
Got a poker shack out by a swamp.

That's awesome!
I kind of want to marry you.
I can just tell that you smell like horses, gun oil and pipe tobacco - like a man should.

JJB79

Reaction score
Well so far, but I'd say most if not all the places I post on the net.......people are so soft and get butthurt over any little thing you say. serious about everything, never wrong and pretend they are so intelligent on every issue. now me, I'm a dork with a little common sense that's got me through life just fine.

So, are you guys being easy on the NOOB or is it just like this here? guess I just have thick skin and keyboard gangsters don't bother me. keep in mind I'm Colonel Flagg and have interrogated many, so be cool.:nono:
I'm new here as well. People seem pretty down to earth and helpful. I'm guessing your expecting snobs due to the iconness of Marshalls?

JamminJeff

Reaction score
I probably wasn't very active on MF during that time, but it seems kind of shitty to scare off someone because they are different.

Musicians forget we are all still an oddity in the grand scheme of things and in the minority. There are 8 billion or so people on the planet so my guess is maybe 1% or less is a real musician. When I say "real musician" it's not meant to be derogatory toward people who program a machine to make music. It's a skill I respect, but they are not playing a musical instrument, but I digress.

Personally, I've always known being a musician would only be understood by real musicians or people in the music biz. Even music lovers or audiophiles who truly love music won't be able to fully comprehend there's a difference between listening and playing an instrument. This is especially true when creating music out of thin air.

The everyday people we come in contact with are clueless as to what it means to be a real musician.

I would also say many of us either hide it or in my case, I just downplay it when I'm talking with non-musicians. People only know what they know and no amount of explaining will change anything.

I've been in bands that had both uncreative and creative musicians and even then there was a disparity between the two. The creative band members were the one's I invited to record original music, because either you get it or you don't.

Regardless, I would like to reminded people to see through the eyes of a music producer or studio engineer when dealing with "the talent" regardless of who it is, what they look like, sex type stuff or what type of music they play, sing, etc.

I know this was a longggggg wayyyyy around just to say this: Encourage others to be the best musician they can be, because we're all freaks in the eyes of the non-musician public.

Real musicianship is dying, just like all the other great arts from the past. We have some responsibility to keep the torch lit and not scare off a brave soul who wondered into our wonderful meat grinder of knowledge.

If we don't keep the flame lit, some AI program will end up making the worst possible formulaic version of MUSAK ever known to the human race and force it into our ear holes. No thanks !

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
I'm new here as well. People seem pretty down to earth and helpful. I'm guessing your expecting snobs due to the iconness of Marshalls?
Having posted on this thread before, just one more thought (for now): a big difference between MF and pretty much all other forums is that the latter are places people visit to have their views echoed and vindicated, whereas MF is a place we go to ask questions, engage in lively debates where ideas are often challenged but folks themselves are usually not insulted, and above all learn about and share stuff about the creation of music in all its manifestations. Interestingly, most posters are not snobbish, because true musicians understand how devilishly tricky it is to play an instrument, achieve the exact tone for which you are searching, and then either amplify or record that magic without spoiling it!

That said, I was shocked to learn recently that other companies besides Marshall have the audacity to attempt to build guitar amplifiers. Apparently there is some other company called Bumper or something like that. Folly…

Latest posts