Who has a Boss OD-3?

Neptical

Reaction score
As a long time fan of the SD-1( not going anywhere) I'm looking to find out what the hype is on the OD-3 which come to find out was supposedly another version of the BD-2. I've gathered that it's very smooth and doesn't have the mid hump at all like the SD-1. Many prefer it even to the Timmy which tells me maybe I'm missing out. A pedal I could see a close relative behind the SD-1.

Anyone here use one ?

JohnH

Reaction score
Yep, a Boss OD-3 is my favorite all time Od. Its not the same as a BD2, its more amp-like, less fizzy at high settings and a bit smoother.

Compared to SD1 its a lot thicker in the low mids, much more volume available and a quieter buffer.

Gain Man

Reaction score
I use one.

The main reason I chose the OD-3 over anything else was that I was looking for an OD-style boost in front of my distortion channel, but without the OD-typical low end cut. The reason for that is, that my amp already has a tight low end and I didn't want to cut the bass even further.

The OD-3 does that and it does it nicely.

Kutt

Reaction score
Yup. Good pedal. I love BOSS pedals but generally speaking their dirt pedals are my least favorite ...with the exception of the OD-3. It really does sound amp-like. It's plenty different enough from your SD-1 to warrant having both.

Latest posts