Where were you the first time you heard this song?

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea. Nor would I have cared. I am sure it was playing on the radio before I was really into music.

I respect KISS, but don't particularly care for their music.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn’t learn of that song until about 2011 from that Metal Show, then more so on this very Forum.
So I would have been in my living room watching the TV
Now I can tell you that in high school I bought the 8-track of Kiss Alive, about 1975.
Cheers

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
yep they were. had i known you way back then i woulda told you sooner.

I’m never told. I observe for myself.

I dont know what happened in your neck of the woods, but Kiss’ bank account began to surge when Desmond Child collaborated to make them produce hits. Until then they had one hit: Rock n Roll All Night.

You’d be surprised how much I know about your geography and history.
I still havnt met an American that knows more than me.

I should tell y’all about the dealings my best friend had and our meeting with Kim Fowley one day. The day we met him at his hotel here in Melbourne and the 8 piles of books he was about to read sitting on the kitchen table.
Do you know who Kim Fowley is?

Last edited:

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, this is Kiss when I was a kid, Christmas 1977, my heroes were Ali, Elvis, and Evel Kneivel and my parents got me Kiss Love Gun.

When I got a bit older they dropped Lick it up, Vinnie gave them a totally different sound that brought them back.

songs like this one, and “Not for the innocent” were a total departure and I loved it.

Latest posts