Where to sell amps, etc.?

ampeq

Reaction score
Where is the best place to sell music equipment these days? I would rather fill it full of lead than use Reverb. I just want to sell my 2202 amp setup and keep it a good deal for the buyer, does anyone know where to do this?
Thank you.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to know why you don't like Reverb, but you could always list it there as local only and add 8%-ish onto what you want to cover fees.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Unless you live in a huge city you wont have much options besides ebay, craigs or places like Guitarcenter, which cant pay you full-value for your stuff.

If selling over internet follow simple safety rules.

Dont sell broken stuff, or declare it specifically as broken.

Personal collect only.

Only the interested buyer is allowed to get
near the item or inside the house (not your or friends home! where transfer takes place.)

Always use a place which has nothing to do with you or people that you know.

Only one other person allowed that can wait outside in the car. Let someone watch this person.

More than one other person in that car and
that transfer is cancelled without further interaction.

Never be alone as a seller, atleast 2 persons,
one stays with you and the other should have an eye out outside.

Record the whole event with bodycams.

Be prepared for the worst, however you manage this.

Dont let interested buyers near your home, better yet dont even mention your address or real name, they dont have to know if you do sell items that work as described or tested by them and approved working.

No price hagelling, the selling price has been set
firm beforehand over internet.

No refunds because you made clear that the item works and proved it.

Cash only. Test the money with quicktesters or
better do the money transfer directly at the bank and let the cashier check the money then transfer directly to your bankaccount.

Those are a couple of rules for selling stuff, not
always easy to do, but they should be followed
with care.

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Fa
Where is the best place to sell music equipment these days? I would rather fill it full of lead than use Reverb. I just want to sell my 2202 amp setup and keep it a good deal for the buyer, does anyone know where to do this?
Thank you.
Facebook marketplace, craigslist...

Len

Reaction score
If you don’t want to ship then Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

Last edited:

Weapons Man

Reaction score
Now is a really bad time to sell gear unless you really need to unload it due to the economy. The inflation situation has put a serious dent in the disposable income people have available to buy things like amps and guitars. I know some people who sell things on Facebook but most of the stuff I see is on Reverb or Ebay. Some cities have shops that will let sellers sell on consignment for various fees.

GlideOn

Reaction score
Reverb or haggle on Craigslist and then wish you wouldn't have wasted your time and sold on Reverb to begin with.

Bite the 8% and move on.

The inflated economy sucks right now, but your time will always be the most valuable thing.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
The Gear Page classifieds. Occasionally I'll buy or sell something locally, but if I actually want to move something it tends to sell there.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Right here on the classifieds!

Its free!

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverb or haggle on Craigslist and then wish you wouldn't have wasted your time and sold on Reverb to begin with.

Bite the 8% and move on.

The inflated economy sucks right now, but your time will always be the most valuable thing.
Exactly why only local in person sales for me. Want it? Come get it and give me cash.

Latest posts