Where are the used Marshall????

fortress

Reaction score
hi everyone! Yesterday, i was discussing amp with friends and decided to check what is the price of the used marshall Market...

Between 2003 and 2011, i remember, i could find every used marshall i would want from ebay, kijii, craiglist. And for good price

I have 1987x David Bray modded. I could not find any marshall 1987 used right now !! Well i did only find 2 online for 2000$ +??? i think i have paid mine 800$US

The price is so high what happenned?? and where are the used market ?? (sry for my english)

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
hi everyone! Yesterday, i was discussing amp with friends and decided to check what is the price of the used marshall Market...

Between 2003 and 2011, i remember, i could find every used marshall i would want from ebay, kijii, craiglist. And for good price

I have 1987x David Bray modded. I could not find any marshall 1987 used right now !! Well i did only find 2 online for 2000$ +??? i think i have paid mine 800$US

The price is so high what happenned?? and where are the used market ?? (sry for my english)
Sadly the world has gone haywire...

saxon68

VIP in training. J/K
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, all four Marshalls I have now we're bought used for good prices in the last five years. Maybe location?
Location and the “white collar crowd” who have a bit more “disposable” income will pay more, especially during times when you can’t go out and need something to do and can afford the best.

I’ll admit, work has been good to me the last 3-4 years, and if I’ve got a choice between a new 2203x at 3500 or an old one used for 1500-3K, guess which I’m getting?

Point 2 Point

Reaction score
Last month I bought a Stock (serviced) ‘80 JMP 2204 for just under 2k from a reputable shop/builder.
I actually came on here to see where to get an upgrade for my LP electronics and was referred there. I never got to that part of the site because the 2204 was smiling at me.
My point is they are out there.

saxon68

VIP in training. J/K
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverb, Facebook marketplace, Facebook groups dedicated to different brands have buy/sell/swap posts all the time.
Make sure you don't get scammed.

LoudStroud

Reaction score
Back in the 90's, used Marshall's lined the aisles of some LA stores. Here in Atlanta around the same time, when I worked in a music store, we always had one or two Marshall's on the floor, the rare plexi here and there, but a lot of 70's metal fronts and JCM800's. Maybe nowadays, they've all found homes in aging players' collections, collecting dust and not getting used out in public as often. I'm one of those. I try to use all of mine from time to time for home recording or the occasional local gig, but those opportunities don't come often. But I don't want to let go of them. I like looking at them, much less playing thru em!

fortress

Reaction score
Marketplace, nothing in my area.. Its just special to see that today. Seriously it was easy to find them for me. Maybe in other parts of the world they easy to find. I saw one on reverb.com at like 2000+ $ its crazy. Mine is 1987x 2003, how i can ask for it?? David Bray modded also

fortress

Reaction score
Marketplace, nothing in my area.. Its just special to see that today. Seriously it was easy to find them for me 10 years ago. Maybe in other parts of the world they easy to find. I saw one on reverb.com at like 2000+ $ its crazy. Mine is 1987x 2003, how i can ask for it?? David Bray modded also. thank you for the answer everyone.. and Yeah,, covid...

Wildeman

Reaction score
Dang, my new neighborhood is so quiet I don't know if I'll ever be able to fire up the big iron here. The Lead 12, Supro, Pignose and ID Core 10 are getting all the action. I might downsize a little for a small tweed. Maybe time to build that Champ kit...

Wildeman

Reaction score
It seems weird to me that people snapped up all the giant amps, what are they doing with them??? I remember at my old house, I had my 50w 900 with a 1960a out in the garage, I dimed it for about 10 minutes and my wife drove around the corner and said it looked like a bomb went off, confused neighbors were out of their houses looking around..,🤪😂