What will you do when TSHTF?

Flag

Reaction score
I don't even know what you guys are talking about. I've been getting it in the rump so bad with home repairs, I know my noodle is cooked tho.

Last edited:

Frodebro

Reaction score
The s hit the f some time ago. Actually, the s has been increasing in volume and velocity for most of my adult life. I am glad that I will not live forever, as the world gets worse and dumber as I get older.

Nah, we haven't been completely splattered yet. But anybody with a knowledge of history can see that the trajectory we're on is not going to end well for the general population.

FennRx

Reaction score
I couldn’t read the thread because the op was glowing so brightly

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t read the thread because the op was glowing so brightly
Here. This oughta fix it for ya :yesway: ...

iu

Last edited:

jmp45

Reaction score
The fan is already spinning and throwing crap. We'll stay put and network with neighbors like we have and do what we can to get thru it. I've gone thru the bug out bag idea years ago, not sure where the hell we would go.. Stand your ground and castle doctrine baby.. ;)

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Lots of ways for strange shit to happen. I can't worry about it too much.
In case of nuclear war you are better off in the Southern Hemisphere. FWTW.
I've got a generator. lol

VjuD.gif

Hell, you can plan for catastrophe all ya want but you'll probably die eating KFC or driving in your car.
What's the point?

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of ways for strange shit to happen. I can't worry about it too much.
In case of nuclear war you are better off in the Southern Hemisphere. FWTW.
I've got a generator. lol

VjuD.gif

Hell, you can plan for catastrophe all ya want but you'll probably die eating KFC or driving in your car.
What's the point?
That's what they all say.
I was never one of them.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Vin....

When the shit hits the fan, I shall hit back.

I shall hit back for me and mine, and I shall hit back for you and yours and for all those who stand for freedom, decency and common sense.

I shall justify the oxygen I've consumed and the space I've occupied in the universe before I leave this place.
:yesway: And I will do the same.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Vin....

When the shit hits the fan, I shall hit back.

I shall hit back for me and mine, and I shall hit back for you and yours and for all those who stand for freedom, decency and common sense.

I shall justify the oxygen I've consumed and the space I've occupied in the universe before I leave this place.
That was a very encouraging comment. :yesway:

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
That's what they all say.
I was never one of them.

Well, what will you do?
You started this thread. I was not entirely sure you meant for it to be an "end of world/society" scenario but maybe you did?

I'm just saying to what extent should one go?
Do you have: a home defibrillator? Solar Panels? Underground bunker? Safe room?

What if the s hitting the fan turns out to be climate related? Then what happens, it might not be the lawless society scenario some dream of but rather a continuum of unpleasant problems.

I suppose some planning might be wise but you should try to avoid falling into the trap of longing for/obsessing about end times. People have predicted this stuff for eons and the world keeps turning.

Doomsday Fails

Seems to me it might be better to put one's time and energy might into something more worthwhile. ymmv

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, what you do?
You started this thread. I was not entirely sure you meant for it to be an "end of world/society" scenario but maybe you did?

I'm just saying to what extent should one go?
Do you have: a home defibrillator? Solar Panels? Underground bunker? Safe room?

What if the s hitting the fan turns out to be climate related? Then what happens, it might not be the lawless society scenario some dream of but rather a continuum of unpleasant problems.

I suppose some planning might be wise but you should try to avoid falling into the trap of longing for/obsessing about end times. People have predicted this stuff for eons and the world keeps turning.

Doomsday Fails

Seems to me it might be better to put one's time and energy might into something more worthwhile. ymmv
"SHTF" is a general term. It can be whatever you interpret it to be for yourself.

Latest posts