What pedals did Jimi use at Monterey 67 and settings were they??

PARGO

Reaction score
You can clearly hear that there is a fuzz face. Something else ?
I don't think he used univibe during this time.

Maxbrothman

Reaction score

I needed that final piece after getting the Vox Wah and Fuzz Face. You use it between the 12th and 19th fret on some stuff. No one knows what the original circuit was like, as they were modded, thrown out, and replaced.

No one seems to know what his amp settings were either, but I think, for the most part, the answer is loud.

Jimi using a Big Muff is dubious.

Single coil strat with the neck pickup gets you there with an SV20h.

carlygtr56

Reaction score
He used a Fuzz Face. It was always on and back by the amps. You can see it in the Monterey film. No wah, no Octavia. The Univibe wasn't invented yet!

The way he had his amp plugged in at Monterey was different from what he did once he started linking multiple heads.
At Monterey he used the High Treble input. He jacked out of the High Normal input to the backline Fenders you see in the film as well.

By that time he had met and worked with Roger Mayer, so there is a real possibility that wasn't a stock Fuzz Face.

Last edited:

Crikey

Reaction score
He played my Jcm 900 4100, so distortion was through channel B
Lol
And my amp was signed by Randy Jackson, btw. Its a smudge but that jacks up the price.

Whatwhatringrang

Reaction score
If he was still alive he probably could have used anything nowadays . Still he would sound(Ed)like himself which is what i am sure we all love him for being himself.

JCM 900 if you have it . I wish I could hear Hendrix blast thru a jcm 900 in Monterey pop fest #2 lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts