What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

-BOOGIEMAN-

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this video and was absolutely blown away by this masterful performance and had to share it with all of you. I’ve always been a fan of the piano and this beautiful young lady performs one of my all time favorite songs. Stunning performance…
:nutkick:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score

Thank you for not hating on me for my Sound of Music choice. Yesterday while driving, was listening to The Spirit of Radio, one of the all-time greatest rock songs. The radio has a feature where it will play other similar songs (sort of like Spotify), and it was very interesting to see the stuff that came up. A lot of Yes, Alice Cooper, Sammy Hagar, Loverboy, Kansas, Deep Purple, Triumph, etc. Good fun. But more Rush songs as well: Freewill, Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta. Rush is my favorite band and I'm going to go out on a limb and assert that Moving Pictures is not just the best Rush album but the best rock album of all time! There I said it. Feel free to hate on me for that if you must...actually curious to hear what other folks consider the GOAT rock album.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thank you for not hating on me for my Sound of Music choice. Yesterday while driving, was listening to The Spirit of Radio, one of the all-time greatest rock songs. The radio has a feature where it will play other similar songs (sort of like Spotify), and it was very interesting to see the stuff that came up. A lot of Yes, Alice Cooper, Sammy Hagar, Loverboy, Kansas, Deep Purple, Triumph, etc. Good fun. But more Rush songs as well: Freewill, Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta. Rush is my favorite band and I'm going to go out on a limb and assert that Moving Pictures is not just the best Rush album but the best rock album of all time! There I said it. Feel free to hate on me for that if you must...actually curious to hear what other folks consider the GOAT rock album.
why should we? to each their own. There is no wrong answer, unless you are lying about what you are listening to right now... :)...

I'm listening to Christmas music right now...

I have this album on playlist:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
why should we? to each their own. There is no wrong answer, unless you are lying about what you are listening to right now... :)...

I'm listening to Christmas music right now...

I have this album on playlist:

Thanks! Trans-Siberian Railroad are amazing!

Mrmaxelcat

Reaction score
It won't leave my head. It already has 41,192 views on YouTube, and I wonder if most of them are mine.

It’s ok but a bit too commercial. Modern rock needs to get a lot better than this before it gets noticed. Till then I’ll keep listening to 70’s early 80’s rock, 60’s as well.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
The opening chords from this concert...just sound so huge! Peters and Fox, what a effing backline!

I never knew Joe played the organ...I can't get enough of songs 3-4-5 on this album. I've been jamming this for weeks...also love their Yardbirds Jam on Lost Woman.

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s ok but a bit too commercial. Modern rock needs to get a lot better than this before it gets noticed. Till then I’ll keep listening to 70’s early 80’s rock, 60’s as well.
In defense of "commercial", they were trying to be 80's Rock, which is the aspect I like. (Not illegitemizing your point though; you're thinking in terms of modern Rock and that's great, but this wasn't meant to be that.) The songs have hooks, they stick in your head, they are well-honed in the same sense that Journey's songwriting became honed. There is A-side music and there's B-side music; I like both depending on my mood, but the album is a mix of incredibly well-written A and B songs, in a style that picks up where the 80's exited (which was well before Poison tragically punctuated the decade with talentless-ness and transvestite-ism).

december

Reaction score
Tori Amos 'Ocean to Ocean'
Billy Howerdel 'What Normal Was'
AFI 'Bodies'
Loreena McKennitt 'Lost Souls'
TOOL 'Fear Inoculum'
Dead Can Dance 'Dionysus'

Latest posts