What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never cared for Carlos, as a player. A lot of his stuff has poor tone & he's not the cleanest player.

I've always liked his band's sound though. I like that island rhythm - latin percussion stuff.

So, I'm not so sure labeling it as culture despisers... I like the cultural flare of the music, just not the guitarist... :shrug:

What I meant was...
It's not culture despisers, it's cultured despisers - people who are too 'cultured' to enjoy anything that's not very sophisticated.

I remember back in the 70s, reading Guitar Player magazine like a young boy would, I saw people saying that Carlos was not a very intelligent player.
They were comparing him to jazz players. 'You should flatten the seventh in a descending passage here - otherwise you're probably just uneducated...'

> Latin percussion stuff...
I love it. Was listening to Los Lobos in another department tonight. When we have percussionists in the house I want to go in that same direction.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, good performance and a fun song.
A band I never really followed closely but I have a few albums around- from the old days.
This youtube "recommended" video got me thinking of some of the old songs I liked.
This new song has a nice groove too though in it's own way. Talented band.

Sounds like a song you'd play with 8 other guitarists all afternoon, and you all take turns at 8-bar a solos until someone has to take a leak. :D Could be played on just about any instrument that can jam along to C, G, D and Em.

It's a nice tune.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of my favorite Sunday afternoon jam musics:

This stuff never gets old for me.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
mostly Ghost recently. impressive catalog really good songwriting
I can't deal with the lyrical subject matter most of the time, which is why I refuse to directly promote them anywhere, but other than that I think they're one of the greatest bands in decades: top-notch song writing, music production, and live shows. Live shows from the 2019 tours are unbelievable. Tobias is something of a genius now, but it took him a while to get there.

Joesatch

Reaction score
I can't deal with the lyrical subject matter most of the time, which is why I refuse to directly promote them anywhere, but other than that I think they're one of the greatest bands in decades: top-notch song writing, music production, and live shows. Live shows from the 2019 tours are unbelievable. Tobias is something of a genius now, but it took him a while to get there.
totally get that. Initially i saw them on i think Kimmel a couple years back and immediately dismissed them because of the costumes but recently decided to give them a listen and it is the best stuff i've heard in many years. There is the whole satan thing but i think it is mostly just shtick, Tobias is a family man.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
So Slayer is a no go?

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
LOL! I'll listen to anything. I just won't promote some things.
Let's leave it at that. ;)

Lucky for me I don't listen to the lyrics. I only listen to the vocal melody and phrasing and such. I couldn't tell you the lyrics to 98 percent of the music I listen to. If I did know the lyrics to some of it, I probably wouldn't listen.

I've never heard of Ghost btw.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Where the hell is the DISLIKE thingy?

That stuff makes my balls crawl up into my lower bowels.
1. Not my fault if you ain't got no taste.
2. Sorry about your balls.
3. Put on some Metallica?
4. I don't know what else to say, things are tough all over right now.
:rofl:

Last edited:

Latest posts