What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
NVD (New Vinyl Day), Led Zeppelin LP's:
- Scandinavian Broadcasts 1969
- Live at Fillmore West in San Fransisco 24th of April 1969
- Jimmy Page Birthday at Royal Albert Hall 9 January 1970

I think I've heard all recordings before, but now I've got 'em on vinyl.

Putting an LP on the turntable is quality time, so of course I need to dress properly for the occasion.

View attachment 110104 View attachment 110105 View attachment 110106
depending the sources, dictates on the quality of the pressings...

10kDA

Reaction score
next time I'm on Psilocybin I'm getting some of this😵‍💫
A friend of Indian heritage who lives Life from an intensely spiritual place has been told by her adult children "Mom. I have friends who smoke pot & drop acid to try, for a little while, to get to where you are ALL THE TIME." :rofl:

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Well they made it "not a crime" here so I know a few people with micro-dose product. I tried it for the first time in several decades and its already helping me commit to a better life style; eating, exercising etc. Nature has all the answers and nightmares, yin-yang.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm revisiting a recording I did a few years ago:

here's a couple tracks:

It was a one off community gig, w/

Andrew Freeman vocals
Craig Goldy guitar
Rudy Sarzo bass
Vinny Appice drums

along w/ the Temecula Valley Symphony Orchestra.

It was a free show & I was given free reign to photograph & record... :)...

Yam the Bomb

Reaction score
Steve Hunter’s solo album Before the Lights go Out.
Great album. Start to finish.

XTRXTR

Reaction score
I'm revisiting a recording I did a few years ago:

here's a couple tracks:

It was a one off community gig, w/

Andrew Freeman vocals
Craig Goldy guitar
Rudy Sarzo bass
Vinny Appice drums

along w/ the Temecula Valley Symphony Orchestra.

It was a free show & I was given free reign to photograph & record... :)...
The Zep was one of the more decent live versions of Kashmir I've heard.
And Kudos to the persons that arranged that Beethoven 9th medley well done on both. I mean that is what Yngwie and Steve Vai mix should have been like with their IMO terrible symphony concerts.

Good Job, should be proud of those.

XTRXTR

Reaction score
This one, but on vinyl

OMG I think I finally saw and heard Led Zeppelin for the first time!🤯

Incredible! Did you hear and see Jones over there rocking that bass with Bonham! Do I even need to say anything about Bonham - just incredible! Page's first time I saw him actually commanding the band, And Plant's bit of scatting and fills all seemed to work together as an awesome performance.

Why wasn't that in The Song Remains The Same Film?

Thanks for posting that!

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG I think I finally saw and heard Led Zeppelin for the first time!🤯

Incredible! Did you hear and see Jones over there rocking that bass with Bonham! Do I even need to say anything about Bonham - just incredible! Page's first time I saw him actually commanding the band, And Plant's bit of scatting and fills all seemed to work together as an awesome performance.

Why wasn't that in The Song Remains The Same Film?

Thanks for posting that!
Glad if I pointed you in that direction. This is an experience that should not be missed.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
The Zep was one of the more decent live versions of Kashmir I've heard.
And Kudos to the persons that arranged that Beethoven 9th medley well done on both. I mean that is what Yngwie and Steve Vai mix should have been like with their IMO terrible symphony concerts.

Good Job, should be proud of those.
I think the 9th was largely based on Blackmore's version, but, since they incorporated the symphony live, the symphony conductor wanted his part in getting it more traditional, so they blended their parts & worked them together...

Yeah, these guys are real pro's...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Zeppelin were more fiery in the early days, trying to pave ground. Plant was more aggressive in style & it pushed Bonzo & the rest to also be more aggressive.

Sometime right after the RAH show, Plant blew his voice out, to forever change Led Zeppelin, into a more subdued version.

It seems that every tour after that, they started off, thinking more aggressive, but, only a date or 2 into the tour, they had to change the setlist due to Plant throwing out his voice.

They were running on mostly all cylinders in '77, but, Jimmy was a mess...

The last short tour, Page & Bonzo were a real mess...

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeppelin were more fiery in the early days, trying to pave ground. Plant was more aggressive in style & it pushed Bonzo & the rest to also be more aggressive.

Sometime right after the RAH show, Plant blew his voice out, to forever change Led Zeppelin, into a more subdued version.

It seems that every tour after that, they started off, thinking more aggressive, but, only a date or 2 into the tour, they had to change the setlist due to Plant throwing out his voice.

They were running on mostly all cylinders in '77, but, Jimmy was a mess...

The last short tour, Page & Bonzo were a real mess...
Any idea how or where to get Becoming Led Zeppelin?

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Glad if I pointed you in that direction. This is an experience that should not be missed.
Yeah that stage mix was great and captured the rawness of just how good they are together as a live band performance.

@Ray Baker Becoming Led Zeppelin; isn't that the newest documentary that was announced about a year ago? Couple fans and director got permission from Page to do a deep dive into all of there video and audio and found stuff Page didn't know existed. I have been waiting to hear something. I saw the official YouTube recorded release party with Page but yet to hear or see it anywhere.

seems to have released in Italy and thats it Venice Film Festival

Last edited:

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that stage mix was great and captured the rawness of just how good they are together as a live band performance.

@Ray Baker Becoming Led Zeppelin; isn't that the newest documentary that was announced about a year ago? Couple fans and director got permission from Page to do a deep dive into all of there video and audio and found stuff Page didn't know existed. I have been waiting to hear something. I saw the official YouTube recorded release party with Page but yet to hear or see it anywhere.
@XTRXTR , yes it is. It was premiered at the Venice Film Festival in 2021 but that's the last I heard of anything on it, other than it was a bit long,,, boo hoo! I did another search for it today and found nothing useful.