What Marshalls do you folks have?

Tonneback

Reaction score
Now a DSL20CR.
Other equipment is a Fender ToneMaster Twin Reverb and a Fender Blues Junior IV lacquered tweed
A strat ultra HSS and a Telecaster Nashville player plus and an Epiphone Les Paul Slash goldtop and a bunch of pedals
And 30 year old Les Paul copy made in Japan for a swedish company
But wait a few months and there will be some more Marshalls in my list
And yesterday I added a 1936 Cab to my collection. Will buy a head next week

So Marshall now is
DSL20CR
1936 Cab

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
I have 4 combos. Top three in photo are solid state '80s JCM 800 Series (from top: 5002 20W 1x10, 5275 75W 1x12, 5210 50W 1x12 combo), the bottom is a DSL 40C (with 75W Creamback):

51213582328_76f811a6a8_b.jpg

I also have one Marshall cab. A beater 4x10" Model 1510 bass cab that I picked up for peanuts. Reportedly with Eminence speakers, though I'm far too lazy to open it to see. As you might guess, it sounds great for guitar! Pictured here with a '60s vintage Sunn 200S bass head, which also doubles for guitar well.

full.jpg
The level of doom is strong with this one! SG, Sunn...4x12...check!!

Dioesque

Reaction score
I have only one: a 50-watt SL-X head.

Used to also have a JCM 800 (2204), but sold it because this one seems similar but with a major gain boost.

(I play classic metal — Sabbath, Purple, Rainbow — and find it very handy to not need an additional pedal up front to boost overdrive/distortion).

Also love its twin master volumes, whose foot-switchability makes for an absolutely perfect way of getting a loudness boost for solos (a feature every amp should have, IMHO).

Last edited:

Cruzinspeed

Reaction score
I have only one: a 50-watt SL-X head.

Used to also have a JCM 800 (2204), but sold it because this one seems similar but with a major gain boost.

(I play classic metal — Sabbath, Purple, Rainbow — and find it very handy to not need an additional pedal up front to boost overdrive/distortion).

Also love its twin master volumes, whose foot-switchability makes for an absolutely perfect way of getting a loudness boost for solos (a feature every amp should have, IMHO).
Right on...I hear you. That extra gain boost gets you right in there. I used to plug straight in with a LP and got that 70s heavy rock tone. Dialed it back just at the point of breakup and added a little OD and delay...aggressive 80's plexi vibe. We play 70s-90s rock so that keeps me pretty versatile.

That's why I got the Origin. Less gain but I dialed in a plexi tone and loving it. Perfect for the small gigs. Can't beat that Marshall tone in the mix for rock at any size gig IMO.