What Guitar Center calls "Good Condition"

chocol8

Reaction score
I think they use a 51% rule. If 51% or more of the parts are there or at least replaceable with some form of substitute, that qualifies as "good" condition.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I think they use a 51% rule. If 51% or more of the parts are there or at least replaceable with some form of substitute, that qualifies as "good" condition.
According to their website, "Good" means that it works, basically. But come on. The grille cloth isn't there just for decoration. Neither is the Tolex. Personally, I would list this one as a level below "Poor," if they had such a level.

Tincup

Reaction score
You can just call and have someone take actual pictures for you. My ”representative“ was on top of it , texting pictures right away. Packing is a crapshoot, I got a 1960a tossed in a kick drum box loose, and a 1965a that was packed exceptionally well double boxed with a cardboard cover on the front of the grill wrapped in bubble wrap.

Last edited:

saxon68

VIP in training. J/K
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta keep in mind that each store is an island, and people are people.

There’s good ones, bad ones, assholes and outstanding people.

Then there’s work ethic. Companies have to take what they can get these days, and some have a crappy work ethic.

mark123

Reaction score
I think good means "it works and nothing more". You only want to look at "excellent" and "very good" items.

Their official definition of "good condition" is "This product is completely functional and shows some signs of use. It may have surface scratches and/or dings and dents." Yeah, there are definitely some surface scratches and dings and dents. :lol:

JJB79

Reaction score
Well, good they they got a decent return policy, lol But I just ordered a 1960a from there. It had one small picture. Looks a bit used but not unreasonable. I could probably at least clean up a tolex on it and make it look nice and shiny. However, these things arent super easy to come by. Won't exist probably for years on market place, reverb all the nice prices are local pickup only, or the shipping is astronomical whereas GC will ship it for just under $30

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
It's in one piece (anything that fell off is not keeping it from being usable) and it's functional. For GC, that IS good condition. :lol:

Torren61

Reaction score
Not enough information to decide if the ad is accurate or not. How old is the cab? 1970? 1975? 1979? Are the speakers original? Is the cab formerly owned by The Dead Kennedys' guitarist? Is the "damage" limited to the Tolex and grill? If that is a pre-1975 cab with everything original, I'd pay that price in a minute. The Tolex is torn and the grill cloth is ripped. So what? That's "Good" condition.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Man, I gotta count my blessings. I've only bought about 4 items from them and they were all listed as good or fair. 3 of them were as mint as it gets without actually being considered mint. Made me a happy camper. The fourth was just as good cosmetically but had some electrical problems so it went back.

My biggest gripe with any of the items is that they pack them like shit and I'm surprised they ended up at my place in one piece.

I tried to find the listing but couldn't. A few days ago there was a 4x12 with the left side mashed in, obviously scrap. I think it was listed in good or fair condition and priced too high for a parts cab. I'd be surprised if there were 2 speakers without warped cages in it. Lol

Wildeman

Reaction score
I just bought 8 sets of Martin acoustic strings from them for $43.00........ they have their uses.

Latest posts