Wet dry Wet

Jimi-C

Reaction score
what are some good sounding modulation FX pedal to run on a dry wet two amp config using a simple y splitter .

wetDry.png

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
what are some good sounding modulation FX pedal to run on a dry wet two amp config using a simple y splitter .

View attachment 105868
that's only dry-wet...

you need a 3rd amp for w-d-w :)... (as the title says)

tbh, while certain things will give you a stereo spread, like dry-wet tight delay, I prefer stereo effects.

Last edited:

Jimi-C

Reaction score
that's only dry-wet...

you need a 3rd amp for w-d-w :)... (as the title says)

tbh, while certain things will give you a stereo spread, like dry-wet tight delay, I prefer stereo effects.
I have a third amp , I don't know what tones I'm looking for since I have not tried this before , what tones would go well with the first wet to compliment the second wet with dry being in the middle obviously . I'm retired and now
have time to do what I want so let me enjoy the wisdom of your experience . school me :band:

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a third amp , I don't know what tones I'm looking for since I have not tried this before , what tones would go well with the first wet to compliment the second wet with dry being in the middle obviously . I'm retired and now
have time to do what I want so let me enjoy the wisdom of your experience . school me :band:
Stereo Stuff !!! Swirly Panning Goodness rolling in flour @ricksdisconnected !!

mickeydg5

Reaction score
I really like my W/W/W which can also be W/D/W or any combination depending on effects used or not used.
It gives the ability to reproduce most any recording or live sound.

I use many effects depending on what I want to play and can send whatever I want to each channel.

When it comes to W/D/W I use mainly sound processor effects for all channels including the Center/Dry and generally use other time based effects for Left and Right channels while I also have the capability to volume control all channels and can manually pan back and forth Left and Right.

What effects you use and when and where is all up to you and what is wanted.

Jimi-C

Reaction score
When it comes to W/D/W I use mainly sound processor effects for all channels including the Center/Dry and generally use other time based effects for Left and Right channels while I also have the capability to volume control all channels and can manually pan back and forth Left and Right.

What effects you use and when and where is all up to you and what is wanted.

I will experiment and see what happens , thanks alot @mickeydg5

tonycaster

Reaction score
with an Y splitter you could have phase and hum problems: on a dry/wet setup a good way to avoid phase problems could be to route your wet signal from the send of your dry amp to the wet pedals, then into the return of the wet amp; this way you are using only the dry preamp a la Andy Timmons.
Another option is to buy a suhr iso line out or a david bray lo1.
The Strymon Mobius is a great modulation engine anyway

Last edited:

Latest posts