Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Faceplate mirrored with top

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faceplate straight up

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Geeze

Reaction score
I have a full chassis JTM 45/100 build [an amp guru, not ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! me] creeping along as we wait for parts. Naturally I need to build a head shell - as if I really need an excuse.

The challenge is the extra 5" of width and it still looking like Jack. Messed around with CAD tonight as the mark one pencil wasn't cutting it. Two versions - the left is pulled down following the vertical stripe onto the faceplate. The right is a mirror image that is speaking to me. As I'm typing a third option arises where the faceplate vertical stripe is straight up and not angled...

HRLmRhA.jpg

Russ

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first thought was a naval flag, with the Union Jack in one corner. If you're bored with straight lines you could of course make a flag flying in the wind (like your wavy cab).

From the pictures in your OP I think the three flags tilting downwards to the right look best. The one tilting upwards to the right looks odd, to me at least.

PelliX

Reaction score
Been thinking while taking time out from a wood sculpture as I wait on tooling about the vertical [normal postion] jack on the faceplate.

61xaR9d.jpg

New current favorite.

What think you?

Russ

Agree.

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been thinking while taking time out from a wood sculpture as I wait on tooling about the vertical [normal postion] jack on the faceplate.

61xaR9d.jpg

New current favorite.

What think you?

Russ
What about changing places, to have the slanted on the front instead? That's the one you will see most and I like that one from your OP.

Geeze

Reaction score
First I cleaned up the angled top and vertical front so it looked better. I noticed I had the small box control panel dimensions and moved the sides in which caused an issue the with left side of the slot as there wouldn't be enough wood to cover the non gold chassis ends. So I centered the vertical jack which required I move the top jack to compensate. Dominos.

W7xepQa.jpg

@BlueX got me thinking and drawing the straight top and angled front.

lasJlRE.jpg

This will expose the chassis sides - I'll need to do some measuring - as I don't think it's a viable design yet.

Russ

Geeze

Reaction score
Almost lost a thumb to one of those a month ago....
Certainly the tool I have the most respect for followed closely by the bandsaw. Then there are the chisels one of which I almost pushed through my 10 year old hand whilst using it foolishly. I've been sewn up on many areas but the palm of the hand ranks as the most painful - anesthesia didn't seem to put a dent in it.

Russ

Marcomel79

Reaction score
Certainly the tool I have the most respect for followed closely by the bandsaw. Then there are the chisels one of which I almost pushed through my 10 year old hand whilst using it foolishly. I've been sewn up on many areas but the palm of the hand ranks as the most painful - anesthesia didn't seem to put a dent in it.

Russ
The table saw is unforgiving. Its gonna be a few months now til i can play guitar again..

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
They managed to reattach it. Happened so quick im not really sure how it happened. Was lucky i had lowered the blade to 1cm out of the table. Not as fun as it sound lol
had a friend cut his leg open with a chain saw once. didnt even know it happened.
said he noticed 1 foot slipping in his shoe a bit and looked down to see if it had come untied.
he noticed blood everywhere but doesnt know how long he had been bleeding. craaaaazy huh.

Marcomel79

Reaction score
had a friend cut his leg open with a chain saw once. didnt even know it happened.
said he noticed 1 foot slipping in his shoe a bit and looked down to see if it had come untied.
he noticed blood everywhere but doesnt know how long he had been bleeding. craaaaazy huh.
Yeah.. didnt even hurt til i was at the emergency. Felt like a little slap on the finger...

Marcomel79

Reaction score
Not sure.... i almost cut it off from where the nail starts. Happened 5 weeks ago and almost all the stitches have been removed. I have two metal pins as i cut the tip of the last falanx on my left hand. Thank god im right handed.... sucks that i was making progress at Kossoff's vibrato..... kinda hard to do at the moment:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Geeze

Reaction score
@Marcomel79 I hope you get it all back.

The older I get the more I try to take care of my hands. I quit snowboarding 3 years ago as I kept fucking up my thumbs when I'd wipe out. That year it was about 6 weeks before I could fret for more than a few minutes. No mo' o' dat!

Russ

Latest posts