Unapologetic Iconic clips

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got her going into my Orange 412 loaded with 12H30 Annis(bottom)V30's topside.

Amp volume at 2 on the dial and gain 3 on the dial. Green OD channel. Trying to be nicer to the phone mic. Anyways I love the new speaker arrangement. Should here it at volume. :agreed:

Last edited:

mark123

Reaction score
Sounds great. How does it clean up when rolling back the guitar volume?

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. Good cut through in a band setting I bet.
The Anniversary twins on the bottom thump & roll throughout the room. They pummel my lower legs and yes clack my ballz. I know...TMI. Unfortunately they're knocking some fresh 6L6's off the shelf bouncing them off another amp head before landing on the floor. Time to secure shit with the new speaker arrangement. It's R&R but I can't afford killing tubes. :shock:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score

Amp volume at 2 on the dial and gain 3 on the dial. Green OD channel. Trying to be nicer to the phone mic. Anyways I love the new speaker arrangement. Should here it at volume. :agreed:

One more for tonight. I raised gain to noon on this one. Green OD channel.

Dude! Solar! Sounds great man! I love that tone! I only demoed an Iconic briefly but I knew it had some amazing tasty tones inside of it. Your clips are making my heart ache to load my 4x12! That combo of V30s and H30s sound big, bold, cutting and sharp in a fantastic blend.

Wish I had the space to use my 4x12 but with my new neighbors I'm lucky to get away with my 1x12 set up haha... I need to find me a place to play without disturbing others... too much.

I used to live in an old house built in 1908, it had single pane windows and no insulation. It was all wood thru and thru and acted like a giant speaker box! I had a 1959 clone for awhile and then a 2204 along with my 4x12... Cops showed up every other day it seemed 😄... Anyways, your Iconic and 4x12 sound friggen awesome bud 👏 👍 😎 👌

Len

Reaction score
I find mine sounds best through V30 type speakers. Really great amp.

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude! Solar! Sounds great man! I love that tone! I only demoed an Iconic briefly but I knew it had some amazing tasty tones inside of it. Your clips are making my heart ache to load my 4x12! That combo of V30s and H30s sound big, bold, cutting and sharp in a fantastic blend.

Wish I had the space to use my 4x12 but with my new neighbors I'm lucky to get away with my 1x12 set up haha... I need to find me a place to play without disturbing others... too much.

I used to live in an old house built in 1908, it had single pane windows and no insulation. It was all wood thru and thru and acted like a giant speaker box! I had a 1959 clone for awhile and then a 2204 along with my 4x12... Cops showed up every other day it seemed 😄... Anyways, your Iconic and 4x12 sound friggen awesome bud 👏 👍 😎 👌
Man getting that Orange cab squared away with speakers has really got me settled in to just playing now. It's done. All my amps sound good with it.

Those Annis were a big surprise. The bottom end is not boomy but you feel them thump. Especially opened up. Really great mix with the upper mid V30's.

It may be the Fletcher Munson effect with volume but when the Iconic hits 10 am to noon(volume)it is huge. Big and ballzy. Unapologetic if you will hehe. I can't capture it using my phone. Same with my Origin 50H. Love it at a higher volume level. So I reside myself to quiet phone recording for any clips now. It records better but leaves me limp in playing reaction. I need that big impact. Here and there. I've been spoiled too long with great neighbors!!!

That old house you use to live in sounds like it was epic for catching and reamping those monster amps. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the sounds of the amp/cab. Validates the time, cost and effort spent to tune it. I had to fix the cab first. Bad jack and one dead V30. It has been reimagined to be a cab capable of epic rock-age! And it is.:drool:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Man getting that Orange cab squared away with speakers has really got me settled in to just playing now. It's done. All my amps sound good with it.

Those Annis were a big surprise. The bottom end is not boomy but you feel them thump. Especially opened up. Really great mix with the upper mid V30's.

It may be the Fletcher Munson effect with volume but when the Iconic hits 10 am to noon(volume)it is huge. Big and ballzy. Unapologetic if you will hehe. I can't capture it using my phone. Same with my Origin 50H. Love it at a higher volume level. So I reside myself to quiet phone recording for any clips now. It records better but leaves me limp in playing reaction. I need that big impact. Here and there. I've been spoiled too long with great neighbors!!!

That old house you use to live in sounds like it was epic for catching and reamping those monster amps. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the sounds of the amp/cab. Validates the time, cost and effort spent to tune it. I had to fix the cab first. Bad jack and one dead V30. It has been reimagined to be a cab capable of epic rock-age! And it is.:drool:
I know what you mean! Nothing like feeling the Soundwave pass through your body and even more so when the guitar and amp become coupled with volume, they start feeding off of eachother... That is my favorite and when I can really just close my eyes and let loose.

I can imagine it sounds absolutely glorious with volume seeing as those low volume phone clips sound great and you can still hear that it wants to sound huge. You definitely achieved a magic combo and it's super rewarding when you finally reach a point where you just love every tone, sound and nuance that comes out of your rig.

Thanks for sharing man!

nevermind

Reaction score
I was just torturing my Iconic and Orange 412 a few mins ago!! You sound crisp and gnarly in first clip, a little muddy in second. Am I hearing ok?
Ceramic magnets in those? If yes, I would have never guessed that from the recording...

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just torturing my Iconic and Orange 412 a few mins ago!! You sound crisp and gnarly in first clip, a little muddy in second. Am I hearing ok?

Ceramic magnets in those? If yes, I would have never guessed that from the recording...
The second clip I increased the amp gain to noon. It was on 3 on the dial in the first clip.

yeah the Annis are ceramic. They are marketed for classic rockers. I don't do more than hard rock or old school metal as far as saturation goes so these are sounding great in the focussed Orange 412. I like their hard attack while soloing. Enhances articulation. Their low end(low mids/bottom)is special. Really having fun with the Anni/V30 mix.

Latest posts