UK vs USA Marshall prices , WTF!!!

Silverdome

Reaction score
The prices are absurd and a complete turn off. Even if I won the lotto I wouldn't pay 3000 for a new Marshall amp. I guess the good news is it's opening up the cloning market and creating job opportunities for passionate amp builders. I should be getting a Rockitt hand wired plexi amp soon and it's at a much more reasonable price.

Solid State

Reaction score
The main accomplishment of this thread was showing how bad the USA situation is and how important it is to shop globally and compare. Most Americans are under the illusion this is a global issue and while things are generally more expensive, we're getting particularly screwed over here as this thread clearly illustrates.

Chris Banuelos

Reaction score
The main accomplishment of this thread was showing how bad the USA situation is and how important it is to shop globally and compare. Most Americans are under the illusion this is a global issue and while things are generally more expensive, we're getting particularly screwed over here as this thread clearly illustrates.
There are options, and I’m fully taking advantage of them.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Greed is fn greed man.
You can try to disguise it anyway you choose.
Prices going up over time is relevant, but prices doubling and tripling is fn greed. Appreciation on something old is fine when it's realistic. Artificially hardening the market on product is for gain, pure and simple. It's a game,that starts with a buzzword,and the BS begins. It doesn't matter what the product is. Think this sh!t is bad, just wait untl they try to force all of us into electric fn cars. Everyone will be walking again, because product and charging will be unreachable for most.......globally.

F censorship !

Crikey

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know. Many of these geographic exclusivity (i.e. exclusion) agreements are on thin ice, legally speaking. The only significant repercussion they are likely to face is the manufacturer cutting off their supply, and the larger the retailer, the more leverage they have (would Marshall really want to cut off Thomann??)

For what it's worth, I've also found Guitar Center perfectly willing to ignore geographic restrictions over the phone. Which is as you'd expect...

This is an interesting example (think you might have mentioned it before?)

Adjusted for inflation, $1000 in 1986 is like $2667 today.

But in the US today, that setup is going to set you back close to $5k!

Whereas if you order from Europe, it's only ~$2300 - shipping included. It's actually got cheaper since '86.

So I think it's fair to ask: why the divergence? Ironically, it seems like the Rose-Morris situation all over again.
When your central bank prints tons of unbacked money, sooner or later it catches up and the bill needs to be paid

playloud

Reaction score
When your central bank prints tons of unbacked money, sooner or later it catches up and the bill needs to be paid

Which central bank are we talking about here, Fed or ECB?

(Also those numbers were adjusted for inflation - that was the point).

Silverdome

Reaction score
Just look at the stupid amounts of money Saudi's are giving golfers for the LIV tournament now. Look at sports contracts now...I remember when Detroit offered Max Scherzer $144 million for six years I thought that was a ludicrous amount of money and he turned it down! He ended up signing a 7 year deal for $210 million and just signed a 3 year deal with the Mets for $130 million.

It isn't just food, gas, guitars or amps that costs more money these days so do athletes!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just look at the stupid amounts of money Saudi's are giving golfers for the LIV tournament now. Look at sports contracts now...I remember when Detroit offered Max Scherzer $144 million for six years I thought that was a ludicrous amount of money and he turned it down! He ended up signing a 7 year deal for $210 million and just signed a 3 year deal with the Mets for $130 million.

It isn't just food, gas, guitars or amps that costs more money these days so do athletes!
There is a lot of money floating around, A LOT! But very little to none of it, is in the middle class or lower middle class.

There’s something going on, (definitely in the US, probably the whole world), some kind of world wide adjustment, a “new world order” if you prefer.

And it’s NOT going to be good for regular everyday working folks.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
When I got my stack I paid 1200 for the 2551BV. Just checked the other night and it was almost 2k. Glad I got my gear when I did.

Silverdome

Reaction score
There is a lot of money floating around, A LOT! But very little to none of it, is in the middle class or lower middle class.

There’s something going on, (definitely in the US, probably the whole world), some kind of world wide adjustment, a “new world order” if you prefer.

And it’s NOT going to be good for regular everyday working folks.
Yeah, it's impacted us but it isn't so bad. We cook more at home now and I found out I love it. Restaurants are just so expensive now. I drink at home now and save a ton of money. Gave up golf and happier now lol!. I don't shop for Marshall's anymore (priced out) and I don't go to MLB games (tickets are too expensive). Oddly my checking account is going up and I think it's just because I'm stubborn and cheap.

Latest posts