tubes for JCM900?

jcm900rookie

Reaction score
I got my first tubes head and i want more low end without using pedals. i have the mxr wylde overdrive to boost mids and highs but there is just no low end crunch.

Adwex

Reaction score
I have a JCM900 head, and I agree, there's no low end. You need some kind of external EQ. Changing tubes might help, but I doubt it. You could try removing the mid and high boost, then raise the master volume on the amp.

lpaholic59Don

Reaction score
I have a JCM900 head, and I agree, there's no low end. You need some kind of external EQ. Changing tubes might help, but I doubt it. You could try removing the mid and high boost, then raise the master volume on the amp.

IMHO the best thing you can do for situations like this is a Graphic EQ at least six band or more and work with it, you can add it to your loop or input, can give you a third channel in essence as well

jcm900rookie

Reaction score
I got a BBE sonic maximizer and i made a huge difference, not only did it boost my low end but it made my entire rig sound tighter and clearer. i would suggest getting one.

coldsteal2

Reaction score
Run an EQ through your loop, and it turns into a monster!
Im using the Marshall Gov'ner 2 Plus boosting the bass and deep lows
using the regular chanel and it smokes, and you can reproduce that
sound of a plexi, 800, or tsl, probably the best little marshall gaget
for a marshall ive ever used, use it through the loop though.

I was told to do this at a Marshall site.

468717wi8.jpg

Adwex

Reaction score
IMHO the best thing you can do for situations like this is a Graphic EQ at least six band or more and work with it, you can add it to your loop or input, can give you a third channel in essence as well

When I used the 900, I did have an EQ in the loop, a BOSS 7 band. Boost that bottom end and it didn't sound too bad.

coldsteal2

Reaction score
yep with an eq boost in the loop its night and day
a marshall again!