Tube availability

sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea if EH is pulling some greed crap … I’m done with their products …

I could see if production costs became difficult… but a $9 to $12 tube is close to $30…

People will walk away from tubes altogether…

JCM1959RR

Reaction score
I placed an order with Electro-Harmonix last week for some in stock PSVANE EL34C power tubes and ECC83 Preamp tubes.. There was no S&H total and no estimated shipping date. After a phone call and an email I was told it would take 1 to 2 months for my order to ship. This didn't make sense so I cancelled my order. I ended up ordering Shuguang EL34B and PSVANE EL34C + ECC83s from a company in China - They are on the way - estimated delivery is 3 weeks.. I hope the Psvane is good quality. I bought a NOS Groove Tubes EL34M Quad + various NOS Sylvania - RCA & GE 12AX7s . My first batch of used USA 12AX7s gain tested at 85 - I sent them back - NOS Sylvania 12AX7s usually gain test at 115 or higher. Right now I'm using Electro-Harmonix EL34EH in my JVM - Great tubes. I was looking for a duet of TAD EL34 Red Base. Hard to find at a decent price. Tube prices are insane and the quality on a lot of new production tubes could be a lot better. A lot of preamp tubes gain test at 90 or lower right out of the box

Pete Farrington

Reaction score
It’s a good idea to buy output valves from a vendor who gives them a high dissipation burn in, then verifies their characteristics etc.
That helps to eliminate early failures / generally wonky valves.

jeffb

Reaction score
I can reload my own ammo and reduce per-round costs. Somewhat. Or at least get match grade ammo for the same cost as the cheap stuff.

But I can't do that with old tubes!
True.

But reloaders shoot way more too, so cost savings over time.......maybe not so much :scratch::D

Wildeman

Reaction score
Yea if EH is pulling some greed crap … I’m done with their products …

I could see if production costs became difficult… but a $9 to $12 tube is close to $30…

People will walk away from tubes altogether…
People already are, I personally know dudes that went totally Fractal and are quite happy. I have and love my tube amps and have a stash of tubes that'll keep em running for some time, but it ain't that important to me, my MOSFET can satisfy my Marshall needs trouble free, I can totally rock a Peavey Bandit or Roland...

Wildeman

Reaction score
It’s a good idea to buy output valves from a vendor who gives them a high dissipation burn in, then verifies their characteristics etc.
That helps to eliminate early failures / generally wonky valves.
Yep, pay the extra money up front. I know guys that buy super cheap and half the time they're bad, who wants to deal with sending stuff back and all that. And those are the ones that are flat out bad, what about the ones that kinda work, for a little while..

SmokestackElRopo

Reaction score
Shotgun, rifle, pistol load? I only have 4# Green dot on hand for skeet n sporting clays.
recipe:
1 blown Marshall KT66. I don't think a win 209 will fit in the guide pin. Will have to use JTM45 for ignition. Plug into 1922 X 2 Wizard speakers for load?

Latest posts