TSL60 stopped making sound

CK_Killinger

Reaction score
Can anybody refer me to a great amp repair shop in Los Angeles? I bought a used TSL 60 last year and last night I could smell an abnormal order and it stopped making sound.

Hoping it just needs tubes and bias. Any mods I should consider
Thanks!

Spanngitter

Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot give you and advice for LA based techs but the description "I could smell an abnormal order" would indicate to me that the typical issue (HV Caps on Mainboard did puke out their life) has occured on your TSL and there might be more required then "tubes and bias".
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the PCB is not too badly damaged and it can be revitalized with a set of new 330uF/350V Caps...

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anybody refer me to a great amp repair shop in Los Angeles? I bought a used TSL 60 last year and last night I could smell an abnormal order and it stopped making sound.

Hoping it just needs tubes and bias. Any mods I should consider
Thanks!
If you can't find a recommendation, check the Marshall site for authorized service.
Change the checkbox from "Retailer" to "Service Center", and put in your ZIP code.

A quick search for LA pops up with this:
1659612850511.png

It worked for me - I found a great tech in Pittsburgh.

CK_Killinger

Reaction score
Gratitude for taking the time to reply and for sharing your knowledge and experience!!