Troubleshooting A Bugera 6262 (5150 /6505+ Clone)

Crunchifyable

Reaction score
Those boards have way too many components per square inch.

The world is full of great amps.

Its a shame not to explore that.

As you can see from my signature I've bought a lot of amps, though usually on the cheaper side of things, and never really really happy with the way those inexpensive amps sounded (Bugeras excluded ).

Someday I might build a 2204 (or just the preamp of it ). Or get a JVM or DSL. What I probably ought to do is trade my MA towards a DSL but it's in another state. If it's one thing I can say about Marshall, their amps refuse to die. As much as I hated the MA, it refuses to die.

Right now It's time to fix this 6262. I dig the tones I get out of it, cleanish, crunch, and lead. EVH was on to something . It's like two Marshalls (rhythm side) and a crazy lead channel in a box, and takes on a whole 'nother character with a detuned guitar.

Correction : V6 and V4 (two preamp tubes far from the input socket, V6 is furthest from the socket) are the only preamp tubes ones with heaters glowing now (with F2 and F3 blown and out of the circuit)

I take it that's normal when the F2/ F3 Fuses are removed because those other tubes get their heater from the ~24V rail.

Crunchifyable

Reaction score
And this is why I'm not insecure or worried about my Infiniums. I'm covered.

You weren't kidding!

Thanks to Shane from Bugera, it's fixed. Was a very easy fix too - the ribbon cables make changing out the smaller boards very easy. Changed the infinium board and the power tubes now bias. Changed the BDM board too, I guess it had heat damage. Fresh tubes and signal on all three channels, good as new.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Marshall were only so gracious with the 2000 dsl board issue..:shrug:... and this is the Marshall forum..wtf huh?

audiomagnate

Reaction score
I picked one of these up yesterday for a great price because it wasn't working. I plugged it in and got nothing except that both the power and the standby lights came on. I pulled it from the case and tested the transformer and the fuses and all was good. The Molex connectors had all been glued together so I removed the glue, opened them up, hit all the pins with DeOxit and put everything back together and now it works great.

Last edited:

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked one of these up yesterday extremely cheap because it was'nt working. I plugged it in and got nothing except that both the power and the standby lights came on. I pulled it from the case and tested the transformer and the fuses and all was good. The Molex connectors had all been glued together so I removed the glue, opened them up, hit all the pins with DeOxit and put everything back together and now it works great.

good outcome!

welcome to the forum.:cheers:

Dirty_1975

Reaction score
Maybe I can find some help here. I have a Bugera 6262 infinium that I just replaced the fuses on the board. before the swap my light wouldn't work but the power tubes were heating, after I swapped them the lights work but I'm not getting heat on the power tubes and V4 and V6 of the pre amp. I tested the fuses before and they appeared to all be good. Any Ideas?

Tatzmann

Reaction score
The Amps with the "Infini" in the name have built in electronic circuits that regulate different power supply parameters.

Schematics are not available for public service,
therefore this amp is not easily serviceable.

Best bet would be to contact the company and
ask for service or repair.

Last edited:

Latest posts