Transformers for new JTM45/100, Recommendations ?

Kelia

Reaction score
I have a 50w set on order and its been more like 5 or six months now. Just emailed them a fee days ago for an update and havent heard back yet. Im sure i will though!
I also emailed Marstran 2 days ago and no reply yet ! Not my way of taking care of customers.

john l

Reaction score
I also emailed Marstran 2 days ago and no reply yet ! Not my way of taking care of customers.
Yeah but on the other hand i spoke with Chris Merren a couple days ago and he had quite alot to say….i definitely wouldnt want to be in the transformer game right now….. or ever. I definitely have my last limits but for now Im going to be patient

Kelia

Reaction score
Yeah but on the other hand i spoke with Chris Merren a couple days ago and he had quite alot to say….i definitely wouldnt want to be in the transformer game right now….. or ever. I definitely have my last limits but for now Im going to be patient
I'm so curious about your conversation , lol What's the headlines ?

Kelia

Reaction score
The abridged version is that the bigger transformer companies are throwing their weight around
and giving ultimatums as to who to supply. Call him youll get an ear full.
Thanks ! appreciate .

AndyD

Reaction score
Just to update my post about not hearinf back from Marstran. They finally got back and said my transformers are shipping out next week so all is well.
It will be well worth the wait!

StuC

Reaction score
I think my last Marstran order took about 10 months (July - May). I was surprised to find the OT wound on a nylon bobbin, but presume that's Heyboer trying to expedite deliveries.

Kelia

Reaction score
I think my last Marstran order took about 10 months (July - May). I was surprised to find the OT wound on a nylon bobbin, but presume that's Heyboer trying to expedite deliveries.
Don't know what to say ! I emailed Marstran and Merren a week ago and no reply yet .
The Heyboer OT listing that @playloud posted above is still available , I bought it , paid for it
and when was time for shipping , the seller sent me a message saying he didn't realized
that shipping cost for Canada was costly so he got back with a higher shipping price which I declined , he was very nice and there was no fight whatsoever , just a friendly agreement .
I finally bought a NOS set of Classic Tone's after listening to a killer clip from someone here,
wasn't sure and tried hard to find a clip before buying but when I did, it was a done deal !

john l

Reaction score
Thats believable wiith the way things are right now. They spell it out pretty clearly on their site before you order that its going to be a while before you get anything so i new what i was getting into and so should anyone else who decides to go through them.

Brian Wallace has as always been a very cool guy and im sure that hes just doing the best he can with less than situation he and many others are in.

After hearing what Merren had to say i wouldnt be surprised if something similar was happening to Brian

john l

Reaction score
Don't know what to say ! I emailed Marstran and Merren a week ago and no reply yet .
The Heyboer OT listing that @playloud posted above is still available , I bought it , paid for it
and when was time for shipping , the seller sent me a message saying he didn't realized
that shipping cost for Canada was costly so he got back with a higher shipping price which I declined , he was very nice and there was no fight whatsoever , just a friendly agreement .
I finally bought a NOS set of Classic Tone's after listening to a killer clip from someone here,
wasn't sure and tried hard to find a clip before buying but when I did, it was a done deal !

In my experience, never email Chris…. Call lol.

StuC

Reaction score
Thats believable wiith the way things are right now. They spell it out pretty clearly on their site before you order that its going to be a while before you get anything so i new what i was getting into and so should anyone else who decides to go through them.

Brian Wallace has as always been a very cool guy and im sure that hes just doing the best he can with less than situation he and many others are in.

Sure, no slight intended. I've been dealing with Brian for over 15 years and never had any concerns.

_Steve

Reaction score

Where did you get the NOS Classictones from? I'd quite like to get another set.

Kelia

Reaction score
Where did you get the NOS Classictones from? I'd quite like to get another set.
Got it from a member on another forum and I'm very happy I did .
Can't wait to get started !