Thoughts on PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar - Faded Blue Burst

Keith Bell

Reaction score
So in my search for another electric guitar and after having to return the new Ibanez RG421HPFM and now a defective new Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH 2PT - Chlorine Burst, I came across this PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar - Faded Blue Burst

https://prsguitars.com/electrics/model/se_custom_24_2021

I play in a 2 guitarist covers band that does classic rock/hard rock/hair metal up through some 90's/early 2000's. Looks like a nice guitar!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I have an older model one. I like how it looks, like how it feels, but I'm not so crazy about how it sounds (which has been the case with PRS guitars for me overall). FWIW, I do REALLY like the looks of the Bonnie Pink color in the link you shared. If I liked the one I already have, I'd be all over it.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Not my cup of tea, but others like them and they are a good value/performance ratio.

I just can't get on with the 25"scale or the IMHO too fancy tops.

But WTF do I know? Millions love 'em. Try one out.

I would have just gotten a replacement for the Charvel myself. YMMV

:2c:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Cue Rick in 3, 2, 1...

lol

:coffee:

hqdefault.jpg

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
CEs are probably as good a medium priced guitar as you can get anywhere. Maybe you'll want to change out the pickups for something more to your taste but the quality is consistently excellent. List price on that model is 849 dollars. I wouldn't call that a budget guitar but it is a good value considering the overall quality.

AdrianDSL

Reaction score
So in my search for another electric guitar and after having to return the new Ibanez RG421HPFM and now a defective new Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH 2PT - Chlorine Burst, I came across this PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar - Faded Blue Burst

https://prsguitars.com/electrics/model/se_custom_24_2021

I play in a 2 guitarist covers band that does classic rock/hard rock/hair metal up through some 90's/early 2000's. Looks like a nice guitar!
Sorry, not into PRS at all, but I'm intrigued about the Charvel, what's the problem with it?

Keith Bell

Reaction score
New Charvel guitar unboxing revealed no whammy bar and all necessary tools and the string tree for the D & G strings was not even installed at the factory and tone pot couldn't move between 9 and 10 positions

BRGCobra

Reaction score
PRS SE Custom 24 w/Floyd owner here. Avid RUSH fan and primarily play that.
Had mine for almost 3 years now.
Factory (B&G, G&B?) pickups sounded muddy in the guitar.
Swapped the bridge for a Seymour Duncan 59/Custom hybrid. No more mud but real thin sounding. Swapped the A5 magnet out for an A2 and an A8. (Cheap experiment) A2 sounded kinda muddy/dark again and the A8 was still thin.
Contacted Seymour Duncan, explained my dilemma and they recommended an Alnico 2 Pro for the bridge.
HOLY SMOKES!!!! Did that wake up my guitar. (to my ears anyways)
My body must be a funky piece of wood.
I do have a SD Jazz to put in the neck. (Haven`t done it yet. Not much of a neck player)

I bought my SE used. (Save $$$)
If you don`t like the sound, buy another pickup. Buy used, save $$$.

Notice a trend here?:2c:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
PRS SE Custom 24 w/Floyd owner here. Avid RUSH fan and primarily play that.
Had mine for almost 3 years now.
Factory (B&G, G&B?) pickups sounded muddy in the guitar.
Swapped the bridge for a Seymour Duncan 59/Custom hybrid. No more mud but real thin sounding. Swapped the A5 magnet out for an A2 and an A8. (Cheap experiment) A2 sounded kinda muddy/dark again and the A8 was still thin.
Contacted Seymour Duncan, explained my dilemma and they recommended an Alnico 2 Pro for the bridge.
HOLY SMOKES!!!! Did that wake up my guitar. (to my ears anyways)
My body must be a funky piece of wood.
I do have a SD Jazz to put in the neck. (Haven`t done it yet. Not much of a neck player)

I bought my SE used. (Save $$$)
If you don`t like the sound, buy another pickup. Buy used, save $$$.

Notice a trend here?:2c:

:welcome:
never to proud to buy used here.

Keith Bell

Reaction score
Well I decided to order the PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar - Faded Blue Burst and give it a try; it has arrived but I have yet to do the unboxing. Here is the label on the outside box.

Latest posts