The photography thread.

Torren61

Reaction score
My job is a Compliance Inspector for the local electrical utility. I have to inspect poles and power lines. I was sent to a few locations the other day and one was a padmount transformer. This is a transformer that sits on a pad and the electric cables are underground.

Anyway, I had to drive way out in the woods to get to this transformer. It feeds a house quite a bit of distance from this transformer. When I got there, I was struck by how dark the woods were behind the transformer.

It was like the part in a Grimm Brothers fairy tale where they tell the kids "Don't go into the woods!" I can tell you right now, I wasn't going into those woods. The pictures really don't convey just how dark it was in there.

000403D4-8957-47B0-8B74-260230B8A67A_1_105_c.jpeg

BE4BAFF3-A629-41F1-A848-4DA20DAFCF72_1_105_c.jpeg

Torren61

Reaction score
I see cool/weird stuff nearly every day...

QTrvKXQh.jpg

nbGWq43h.jpg

zPyLSCuh.jpg

Derek S

Reaction score
We met up with some equally crazy friends last weekend and did a pretty epic hike, longest to date for me, someplace in lower TN called "jacks river falls". It was beautiful. We hiked from sunrise to 8 pm (just over 22 miles) and crossed the river some 44 times. I slept well that night.

Jacks-Falls.jpg[

TN-River.jpg

Torren61

Reaction score
This thing is pretty cool. He didn't like me taking pics of him and he dropped the tree right after this pic and shut down everything until I left.

So, you see the glass at the cab? See the pincers back there as well as the ones he's using at the end of the boom to grab the tree? See the metal baseplate to the left of the glass?

He picks up a tree with branches on it. He moves the butt over and brings the tree in. He grabs the tree with the back pincers and places the butt against the metal plate. Now he runs the pincers on the end of the boom out and shaves off all the branches. Back and forth until it's just a bare trunk.

Then, there's a saw blade about a foot past the pincers on the end of the boom. He knows how far out he has the boom pincers and he cuts the tree exactly where he wants to cut it. It's the same length as the rest of the logs.

2D783CC5-FE2D-4EF5-97D0-978210FAE516_1_105_c.jpeg

Vinsanitizer

Seven Seven Seven
VIP Member
Reaction score
My job is a Compliance Inspector for the local electrical utility. I have to inspect poles and power lines. I was sent to a few locations the other day and one was a padmount transformer. This is a transformer that sits on a pad and the electric cables are underground.

Anyway, I had to drive way out in the woods to get to this transformer. It feeds a house quite a bit of distance from this transformer. When I got there, I was struck by how dark the woods were behind the transformer.

It was like the part in a Grimm Brothers fairy tale where they tell the kids "Don't go into the woods!" I can tell you right now, I wasn't going into those woods. The pictures really don't convey just how dark it was in there.

View attachment 111152

View attachment 111153
You went into the woods, didn't you? :D

Latest posts