The photography thread.

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than what appears to be a terrible parking job (which isn't unusual around here), no I don't see anything unusual but I don't really know anything about Tesla cars.
Lol, I took the shot while we were stopped in traffic. Not only does the car say "SpaceX" on the back end but it is also a Tesla Plaid. Over 1000 horsepower supercar.

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL 1000 hp supercar stopped in traffic.
Lol, I know. However, "traffic" here is not like traffic other places. If it takes me five extra minutes to get from one end of town to the other, that's traffic here. Once you get out of town, it's all highway driving through redwoods for an hour to the next small town.

mirrorman

Reaction score
Lol, I know. However, "traffic" here is not like traffic other places. If it takes me five extra minutes to get from one end of town to the other, that's traffic here. Once you get out of town, it's all highway driving through redwoods for an hour to the next small town.
Sounds pretty similar to where I live. There are small towns of 500-600 people nearby but the closest major city (100k+ people) is a 4 hour drive away. Not much traffic to speak of here.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
re: Tesla/Space X & Plaid...

In Spaceballs, they go from light speed to Ludicrous speed... When Dark Helmet's ship passes Lonestar's Winnebago, they go so fast, they said, "They've gone to plaid..."

the short:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Got to Riders Training Camp to take some pics behind the fence! The only chance I will ever get to taking shots at pro football. While not a game as such, still fun and they have a scrimmage for an hr. Some were during warm up.
Was hot with cold beer. Fun!!

Sadly not a sharp shot but look at dude's face!!

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
Wow! You all have been busy over time. Had a lot to look at! :cool:
I was busy as usual but yes, I still always have a camera, or more than one, with me.
And I bought a new lens recently. A Sigma 16mm f1.4.

A sunset at the canal 3 weeks ago. Did this one with the GoPro on the quick...

GOPR1177-02.jpg

The current state of my home studio.

DSC06249-01.jpg

Some Phacelia at a field outside town.

DSC06191-01.jpg

A friend of mine on stage. That a couple of weeks ago. Also the first time I attended a gig since that virus crap started.

DSC06117-01.jpg

From last week, a rainbow.

DSC06166-01.jpg

This chestnut stands on the field across the road. During a thunderstorm last Thursday part of it gave way.

DSC06171-02.jpg

Gr,

Gerrit.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
Can't remember if I ever posted in here or not. I love taking pics but just don't have a good camera. Here's a few old pics of mine I took back in the early 90's (circa 94) when the TV show "Thunder In Paradise" filmed an episode up the road from where I lived at the time. This was in Howey In The Hills Florida and the episode was Deadly Lessons. They blew up the local school which was pretty damn cool IMHO.

It was already set for demolition at the time. They thought they put enough explosives in it to level it but the old place was much tougher than they thought. It basically had to burn down. The 1st pic of explosion is blurry because of the shockwave of the blast. The water action was on Lake Harris. I never really showed these to anyone but maybe 1 or 2 people over the years, so I thought I'd share them with you guys. I just dug them out the photo album last night and scanned them.

I could have taken a bunch more pics but didn't have much film in the camera and no money for more. These pics were from 2 different days. My 1st day watching filming I didn't have my camera on me.

Last edited:

Derek S

Reaction score
This was a thrill for me because In all my life I've never seen one in the wild, only at zoo's (they're not common in north GA but supposedly making a comeback)...but while kayaking with friends this weekend a Bald Eagle flew right over us while I happened to be taking a picture of a heron, pretty crazy to have both in the same frame, a happy accident!

Eagle.jpg

Latest posts