The Official Pete Thorn thread.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
the guy is just sick. no two ways about it. his playing in my opinion
is brutal. if you do some searches, the guy can play anything. ive been a sub of
his for yrs now. seen him and his studio go through some seriously cool changes.

he is very inspiring to make you want to play i think. or at least practice lol.
his channel always has something fresh for you to listen to and his reviews are always full and complete. leaves ya with your head in your hands lol. well it does me anyways.
he uses a lot more gear these days than he use to. lot of post amp stuff. thats the only
complaint i have, but i enjoy his channel just the same. i subscribe to several channels and dont always get to see every video, but i go out of my way to catch petes lastest and greatest.
he really does put the gear he demos through its paces. hes a cut above the rest.
anybody else a Pete fan?

MarshallDog

Reaction score
I’ve seen several of his videos and they are good, however, sometimes I can’t focus on his playing /demos due to his interesting hair cuts and his general overall appearance...I find myself analyzing it more than the playing/gear!

Ramo

Reaction score
the guy is just sick. no two ways about it. his playing in my opinion
is brutal. if you do some searches, the guy can play anything. ive been a sub of
his for yrs now. seen him and his studio go through some seriously cool changes.

he is very inspiring to make you want to play i think. or at least practice lol.
his channel always has something fresh for you to listen to and his reviews are always full and complete. leaves ya with your head in your hands lol. well it does me anyways.
he uses a lot more gear these days than he use to. lot of post amp stuff. thats the only
complaint i have, but i enjoy his channel just the same. i subscribe to several channels and dont always get to see every video, but i go out of my way to catch petes lastest and greatest.
he really does put the gear he demos through its paces. hes a cut above the rest.
anybody else a Pete fan?
I love Petes playing especially his leads always sounds fresh and tasty. Been his subscriber long time.

Tiboy

Reaction score
The guy costs me money. I’ve bought two of his signature amps and too many pedals based on his demos. Never sounds quite the same in my hands. Pete just seems to be a class act as a person and certainly is as a player.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
The guy costs me money. I’ve bought two of his signature amps and too many pedals based on his demos. Never sounds quite the same in my hands. Pete just seems to be a class act as a person and certainly is as a player.

yeah hes they type you could do pizza and beer with and the stories would be endless.

El Gringo

Reaction score
hes a gun for hire. played with several names.
does VH like no other ive heard too lol.
Pete Thorn is awesome . I love his clips , his playing , his style , his presentation , and he is so simple and down to earth . Pete Thorn is knocking it out of the park period !!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you Rick that he does VH better than everyone else , and he knows the ingredients to the soup in how to get the "tone" and he gladly shares . What's not to like about Pete Thorn ? P.S. His playing inspires me .

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Dont really know much about him, but he is great. Was he in a band? Or a solo guy? I guess I could do the Googles
Well he has signatures amps & guitars with Suhr. Suhr doesn't give many endorsements. Check out this tune from his disc "Guitar Nerd"
Pete Thorn performs the song "Homage" on the Axe FX 2 - YouTube

And here's something more recent
DIRTY TOWN - PETE THORN NEW SINGLE 2018 - YouTube

His ability and knowledge are fantastic. I've been a subscriber for a long time too.

The fact that EVH did invite Pete over to his home says a lot, I believe.
The amber EVH Wolfgang you see Pete play from time to time was gifted to him by King Edward himself.

Latest posts