The Official Marshall Origin 20 Thread...

M JUBE 64

Reaction score
Got my PS 1 Attenuator for my O20H today. Didn't have high hopes but it surprised me. Works great and sounds awesome even at a very low attenuation. I read some people said it gets hot, mine didn't even get warm and I was playing non-stop for a couple hours. At least I won't get kicked out of the neighborhood at night now ;) Loving the Origin amp!
314492914_502219431825728_4533707570710118432_n.jpg

Last edited:

heavypic

Reaction score
Hey All - Update here on my recent Origin 20H and Peavy 212-6 cab (2-12" Greenbacks) purchase.

No complaints here. This head/cab combo sounds great with or without the cab back panel installed. I've got the cab on a 10' speaker cable sitting horizontal on an amp stand angled about 20 degrees up in my living room. I've played my LPs and Strats through a Keeley TS808 and a Boss OD-3 pedal and it's all good for blues and classic rock. Speakers are sounding smoother as they break-in. I'm a fan of Allman Bros, ZZ, Led Zep, Joe B, Cream, Little Feat and the like, and this amp can cover those tones easily. Going to try my Boss GT-3 multi-pedal in the loop soon for reverb, delay, chorus, etc. I've got a Dunlop Fasel wah too that I'm looking to plug in. May try the SD-1, Black Box or other OD pedal soon...so many options there...tough decision. The amp also sounds great going straight in w/o a pedal with the 'gain' cranked a bit more. Even the 'boost' function has some useful settings. Still experimenting... I may even try some 5751 tubes in the preamp.

Very happy with my purchase. No problem with playing full power 20 watts at home if I keep the master vol at 3-5 max. The tone is very nice without abusing my hearing. However, I would like to hear it cranked in a larger room...I'm guessing that's where it shines!

If I did have a complaint, it would be that I'm sorry I didn't buy this rig 2-3 years ago and saved some $$...but my deal wasn't bad so it's all good!

I recommend this amp and the cab to anyone on the edge of a purchase.

Happy holidays all!! Keep pickin' and grinnin'...life is too short!!

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in utter joy when I fire up my Ori50H plugged into the Orange 412 V30/12H Annis top & bottom. My Jeff Archer, Buxom Boost and Thorpy Dane love this amp. And I in turn love them. I pleasure myself with Charvel & ESP's.

:cheers: to getting killer sounds out of this unapologetic Marshall. :drool:

Ps. 37

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Allman Bros, ZZ, Led Zep, Joe B, Cream, Little Feat and the like, and this amp can cover those tones easily.

Very happy with my purchase.

If I did have a complaint, it would be that I'm sorry I didn't buy this rig 2-3 years ago and saved some $$...but my deal wasn't bad so it's all good!

I am in utter joy when I fire up my Ori50H plugged into the Orange 412 V30/12H Annis top & bottom.

:cheers: to getting killer sounds out of this unapologetic Marshall. :drool:
Totally agree. Almost 2 years after buying the Origin 50H, it still makes me smile uncontrollably every time I play.

I tell my wife "what I lack in guitar-playing ability, I make up for in the joy of making noise."

I see that Sweetwater and MusiciansFriend have dropped the price from $750 to $675.

Makes me smile even more to know I bought it brand new in Feb. 2021 for $425! :) This amp has made a huge difference in how much I enjoy playing.

Enjoy in the best of health! :cheers:

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for something I don't remember what.
I don't understand what people don't like about the Origin amps. My 20H and 5C sound great. Okay, so the 5C has been modified to take a 10" speaker, but it didn't sound totally crap with the 8", it just sounds WAAAYY better with the 10".
The 20H hold it's own with my bigger, more illustrious Marshalls. Has it's own vintage vibe going on, not Plexi or JTM45 really, but somewhere in between.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the tilt pot is 100k linear and the gain pot is 100k log. But I can't find that push pull 100k log pot anywhere.
Curious why you want to know.
The amp is not in your sig, and if you had one apart to replace pots, you should be able to see the values.

ledvedder

Reaction score
Curious why you want to know.
The amp is not in your sig, and if you had one apart to replace pots, you should be able to see the values.
I did a Headfirst plexi mod to it a while ago. So I ripped out the original gain and tilt pots. Now I want to do a Headfirst 800 mod to it, which requires the original pots. I've built and modded so many amps, it's hard to keep my signature up to date.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a Headfirst plexi mod to it a while ago. So I ripped out the original gain and tilt pots. Now I want to do a Headfirst 800 mod to it, which requires the original pots. I've built and modded so many amps, it's hard to keep my signature up to date.
Email Jason, he could probably tell you what the pot values need to be for the mod.

Latest posts