The fishing thread

Mourguitars

Reaction score

Awesome pic....but after having a snake trying to get upon the same rock as me once up in your state Rick....ill wait for your pics !

Lol

I dont do snakes..Sharks and Gators , well basically big things i can see i can deal with ...with time to run...lol

Mike

Just busy with life here in Fl guys....

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Awesome pic....but after having a snake trying to get upon the same rock as me once up in your state Rick....ill wait for your pics !

Lol

I dont do snakes..Sharks and Gators , well basically big things i can see i can deal with ...with time to run...lol

Mike

Just busy with life here in Fl guys....
yeah ive seen rattle snake pass in front of my kayak before.
i use to fish for gators over in Meritt island back in the day.
they love hotdogs fished topwater lol.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
74976.jpeg

Hey finally got a text ....about a 12' Tiger

Usually when they get this length they are already starting to grow outward...head looks small and no girth so it might be a male , hard to tell since you have to keep them in the water now with the new Fl rules

Mike

Mourguitars

Reaction score
what are FL's new rules?

You have to take the Shark Course , i think it came in in 2020 law Rick to get a permit to land based shark fish

Do you think they are going to enforce this law during season with our Tourist....

Anyways, you have to keep the Sharks gills in the water so most pics you see online is in the wash pics

Mike

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
shark course? WTF is that?
i guess it could be a good thing considering all the new guys out there not always looking out
for the conservation of the fish we all keep seeing.

belleswell

Reaction score
I fished our pond the other day for the first time in few months.
I only fished it twice this year since last spring. I was using
a small jig called a "Lil Nipper" jig made by Lindy/Little Joe that
was white with red thread used for the feather. 1/32 oz. No bait, just the jig
with the barb flattened out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Works great
for catch and release.

I caught 4 hybrid bluegills, 5 perch, and one large mouth bass. The bass was
around 16 inches and weighed about 2 lbs. Only one of the perch had any size to it.
About 11 inches. There were 3 small ones that had to have come from them successfully
spawning as all of my planted perch were 5 to 7 inches. The 3 small ones were all
3 to 4 inches long. Sweet. Successful hatches save me money at the hatchery when buying more
fish. The 4 bluegills were all about 8 to 9 inches long except for the last one which was
11 inches and just over a pound. All were released.

I'll be ice fishing soon enough and catching limits of gills and perch from some
local lakes. Usually about the beginning of December where I'm at, although we've
had some warmer weather lately which could make the ice arrive a little later this year,
but we always have some safe ice by Christmas somewhere close to home.

Recent Pond Pics
CZhS8Bqh.jpg

FLEhTWJh.jpg

Turtles Getting Ready For Hibernation
MLqvvCLh.jpg

U0LfJrhh.jpg

A Deer, a Blue Heron, and a Wood Duck
walk into a bar..........

Bartender says, "Why the long faces?"

gktHw74h.jpg

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I fished our pond the other day for the first time in few months.
I only fished it twice this year since last spring. I was using
a small jig called a "Lil Nipper" jig made by Lindy/Little Joe that
was white with red thread used for the feather. 1/32 oz. No bait, just the jig
with the barb flattened out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Works great
for catch and release.

I caught 4 hybrid bluegills, 5 perch, and one large mouth bass. The bass was
around 16 inches and weighed about 2 lbs. Only one of the perch had any size to it.
About 11 inches. There were 3 small ones that had to have come from them successfully
spawning as all of my planted perch were 5 to 7 inches. The 3 small ones were all
3 to 4 inches long. Sweet. Successful hatches save me money at the hatchery when buying more
fish. The 4 bluegills were all about 8 to 9 inches long except for the last one which was
11 inches and just over a pound. All were released.

I'll be ice fishing soon enough and catching limits of gills and perch from some
local lakes. Usually about the beginning of December where I'm at, although we've
had some warmer weather lately which could make the ice arrive a little later this year,
but we always have some safe ice by Christmas somewhere close to home.

Recent Pond Pics
CZhS8Bqh.jpg

FLEhTWJh.jpg

Turtles Getting Ready For Hibernation
MLqvvCLh.jpg

U0LfJrhh.jpg

A Deer, a Blue Heron, and a Wood Duck
walk into a bar..........

Bartender says, "Why the long faces?"

gktHw74h.jpg
very nice pics and story.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I sure am glad we have some big fine mesh deep landing nets we sell , i had a 4ft plus water moccasin in the warehouse saturday morning, i guess it was looking for higher ground from the storm that hit us mid week

That was one pissed off snake when i had it cornered , it lunged right into that net and i ran back to the fence and let it go and it went back to the canal

People asked why i didnt kill it, but something that pissed off i wanted it out of the warehouse asap and didnt want to mess around with it to much cause it was still dark, i might have got bit... so ....no harm no foul...just a brief encounter that ended well for both of us...whew !

Lots of beach erosion on our coast, it pretty much damaged all the fishing piers down south. These storms that hit us around Thanksgiving with the Fall Tides we have usually do a lot of damage with the extreme tides and waves

Mike

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I sure am glad we have some big fine mesh deep landing nets we sell , i had a 4ft plus water moccasin in the warehouse saturday morning, i guess it was looking for higher ground from the storm that hit us mid week

That was one pissed off snake when i had it cornered , it lunged right into that net and i ran back to the fence and let it go and it went back to the canal

People asked why i didnt kill it, but something that pissed off i wanted it out of the warehouse asap and didnt want to mess around with it to much cause it was still dark, i might have got bit... so ....no harm no foul...just a brief encounter that ended well for both of us...whew !

Lots of beach erosion on our coast, it pretty much damaged all the fishing piers down south. These storms that hit us around Thanksgiving with the Fall Tides we have usually do a lot of damage with the extreme tides and waves

Mike
Nice release! Glad you didn't get bit.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

Mike
yeah everybody wants to kill dont they.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
yeah everybody wants to kill dont they.
I sure as heck want to kill a fish tommorrow morning. Tying up some egg loop knots tonight for the river.

Have to bundle up, it's cold in the am & pm.

Yesterday when I went up river there was still frost on the ground and snow not far up the hills. By the afternoon I was in a t-shirt. Then when the sun got behind a hill, it was back on with the flanel and hoodie, soon after followed by a Carhart jacket.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I dont know what YouTuber is using Gold Spoons now but , they are flying out of the warehouse ...Thanks Lol

Funny how things that are old become new again...

Mike
a seasoned fisherman will always have gold and silver in his box in a couple different sizes.
souds like some are just catching on lol.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
My YouTube Feed just got blasted with Fishing stuff...lots of copycats doing the same thing like its trending...im oldschool and liked to be original, developing tackle and rod blanks , techniques , do things for moral value and not monetary gain...but thats me , and seeing a lot of techniques that we came up with that was a spin off of what i learned from the guys fishing before me ...i always gave them credit...paying my dues and giving them respect took me further into having some Class and a lot of respect in the business , and to be honest , i guess thats all i was striving for...so ? Besides i know the history and i dont think people are not interested in history anymore since instant gratification came into play in todays time ...just my 2 cents

I was right about one thing , in a meeting i had with a Big Company about a TV show...keep a eye on YouTube....These young kids are smart with the latest Tech and anyone with a Camera now GoPro's , iPhone 's , Drones are making content and posting it...and its Great ! ...So with my hands palms up and a tilted head...i seen it coming

Again things change every decade , but Social Media really has changed a lot of things. Im glad i had my time on the sand and in the sun when we were the only people on the beach...now things went viral out there

I had one rule , Dont Destroy What .."You" ..Enjoy !

Well.....i guess im old and that rule docent apply anymore...lol

Anyways a girl i grew up with her daughter has a fishing channel ...check here out she's Pretty and Pretty good !

Natalie ya done good , and she seems like a bright you Lady ...Props !

Mike

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
My YouTube Feed just got blasted with Fishing stuff...lots of copycats doing the same thing like its trending...im oldschool and liked to be original, developing tackle and rod blanks , techniques , do things for moral value and not monetary gain...but thats me , and seeing a lot of techniques that we came up with that was a spin off of what i learned from the guys fishing before me ...i always gave them credit...paying my dues and giving them respect took me further into having some Class and a lot of respect in the business , and to be honest , i guess thats all i was striving for...so ? Besides i know the history and i dont think people are not interested in history anymore since instant gratification came into play in todays time ...just my 2 cents

I was right about one thing , in a meeting i had with a Big Company about a TV show...keep a eye on YouTube....These young kids are smart with the latest Tech and anyone with a Camera now GoPro's , iPhone 's , Drones are making content and posting it...and its Great ! ...So with my hands palms up and a tilted head...i seen it coming

Again things change every decade , but Social Media really has changed a lot of things. Im glad i had my time on the sand and in the sun when we were the only people on the beach...now things went viral out there

I had one rule , Dont Destroy What .."You" ..Enjoy !

Well.....i guess im old and that rule docent apply anymore...lol

Anyways a girl i grew up with her daughter has a fishing channel ...check here out she's Pretty and Pretty good !

Natalie ya done good , and she seems like a bright you Lady ...Props !

Mike

ive seen this girls channel plenty of times.

Latest posts