Suggestions for good horror movies to watch?

Weapons Man

Reaction score
One of the scariest older (1971) movies I ever watched was "Let's Scare Jessica to Death." The movie "The Cube" was pretty far out. Then, you had "Candy-man." Then, there was that late 1990's Japanese horror film "The ring." Yeah, I know these are older but I don't go to the movies anymore and i quit watching TV years ago. I finally realized that I'm not the audience Hollywood or TV advertisers are interested in anymore.

ELS

Reaction score
maybe I should've googled what genres actually mean...
what I'm looking for is like a spooky Thriller, not really Horror. like the scene in Die Hard where he nearly fell down an elevator shaft, just lacked some violin shrieks.:D

KidBlast

Reaction score
I have a few favorites

Pet Semetary
Legend Of Sleepy Hollow (great choice for a halloween night movie)
Alien (1st one)
The Others
Salems Lot
The Shining
last but not least, Young Frankenstein -- ok not horror but a hoot to watch.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
The 70s version of The Last House on the Left. Probably the last good horror type film I watched. The new one is total garbage.

lespaul339

Reaction score
Hereditary is a great one. Best horror movie to come out in a long time IMO.

ELS

Reaction score
Just watched alien and I'm so glad Jones survived, I almost quit watching when I saw that she left him for a moment
Is Jones in the sequels?

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Just watched alien and I'm so glad Jones survived, I almost quit watching when I saw that she left him for a moment
Is Jones in the sequels?
Wow you must be young if you've never watched Alien. Congratulations! :)

I think Jones is in Aliens also but I don't really remember. Best way to find out is to watch it. Imo, it's also a good movie. :dude:

Timo V

Reaction score
I have lost my appetite for "horror" movies after loosing family members for real horrors (cancer and terminal neurological diseases) but i still enjoy Evil Dead and Darkman-type of movies (humorous, not too gory and serious.)

Torren61

Reaction score
Let The Right One In. This is the original Swedish version and not the mangled American version, Let Me In.

Let_the_Right_One_In_(Swedish).jpg

ELS

Reaction score
Wow you must be young if you've never watched Alien. Congratulations! :)

I think Jones is in Aliens also but I don't really remember. Best way to find out is to watch it. Imo, it's also a good movie. :dude:
Yeah well the first ones I watched (Halloween and Scream) were great but I seem to have been desensitized already... that or all the other movies I've watched haven't held up to those ones.
I loved the opening in Scary movie, tho that wasn't really horror at all :D

Latest posts