Speaking of price increases...

VERVEHAMMER

Reaction score
I picked up a black Ultra V in 1991 in Escondido. It was a little too bright for me. Excellent craftsmanship. The people at the Factory were way cool. A little surprised at the small amount of gear in the showroom. Not criticizing at all, (just my BIG Catalog expectations) : ) As it's mostly custom, I understand. Great adventure buying direct from the Factory.

PS I just through Jackson USA KV2 on the ebay listings on a 3 day auction. I put up pics for the Forum. Trans Green Exquisite!

Last edited:

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Kiesel/Carvin, with their inherent low resale value has allowed me to score some very great axes at ridiculous prices. Even with the price increases there are many on the used market that are still good deals.

I've also noticed a certain pattern. When you look at Carvin or Kiesel on the Guitar Center Used Gear section, almost every one is listed as either "Excellent" or "Great" condition, and most of them include a case. People tend to take care of Carvin guitars.

VERVEHAMMER

Reaction score
My SWAG is the "Made to Order" effect increase the personal attachment?
In small town America, the Carvin catalog was mind blowing. A friend and his dad had 60's and 70's Gibson and Fender, and they flipped out on the Carvin finishes and prices, and that it was "somewhat" made to order.
They bought 1 each. :duel:
Blue Metallic and Koa!

Last edited:

PowerTube44

Reaction score
My SWAG is the "Made to Order" effect increase the personal attachment?
In small town America, the Carvin catalog was mind blowing. A friend and his dad had 60's and 70's Gibson and Fender, and they flipped out on the Carvin finishes and prices, and that it was "somewhat" made to order.
They bought 1 each. :duel:
Blue Metallic and Koa!

I used to drool over their catalogs back in the 80's, and I still have a couple around.

These days, my drooling is done here:

https://www.facebook.com/kieselguitars/photos/?ref=page_internal

anitoli

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've also noticed a certain pattern. When you look at Carvin or Kiesel on the Guitar Center Used Gear section, almost every one is listed as either "Excellent" or "Great" condition, and most of them include a case. People tend to take care of Carvin guitars.
Yes they seem to, and many of the ones i bought were never played. Many of the owners said something like this " i bought the ax, got married, had 2 kids, it sat in it's case in the closet for 15 years and i need a truck".
Score for me.

axe4me

Reaction score
I'm rearranging my guitar space.

Moving one room (space) to another and making a rack for my Ovation guitars.

I need 3 36" twin shelf racks for my guitars.

I already have 4 racks and a "rack" closet for my Fender guitars.

The price, like everything, has gone up.

$159.99 per rack at Lowes.

Jeez.:rolleyes:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I would buy nothing with those ridiculous names on them. Eww. Carvin's logo looks
like it should say "Circus", and Keisel is no better.

I did learn that Carvin's are fantastic guitars when a friend bought one back in '87 though.

Sorry, anitoli. I know you're a fan. :)

I'm rearranging my guitar space.

Moving one room (space) to another and making a rack for my Ovation guitars.

I need 3 36" twin shelf racks for my guitars.

I already have 4 racks and a "rack" closet for my Fender guitars.

The price, like everything, has gone up.

$159.99 per rack at Lowes.

Jeez.:rolleyes:

I this all for this week's haul?

long-haul-semi-truck-on-a-rural-western-usa-interstate-highway-picture-id1156528620

Latest posts