Soldano SLO 100 your thoughts

pittbull

Reaction score
You should send your original SLO back to Soldano to update your original you will like it better the same way you sent back your Friedman BE100 back to Dave to improve it

pittbull

Reaction score
The SLO covers a lot of ground look at the players that owned one phenomenal amp

carlygtr56

Reaction score
I owned multiple SLO 100's thru the years, 1st on in the early 90's. I also owned a recent BAD new SLO 100. They are the same, IMO
Also, the SLO will never sound like a Super Lead.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
The SLO covers a lot of ground look at the players that owned one phenomenal amp

Yeah, a lot of famous people have used them at points in their career, but imo, they tend to be the low points of their career as far as tone is concerned (for example, remember Clapton through the SLO? Yucko! Only amp I've heard him sound worse though was that Dumble). The only exception to this, again imo, would be EVH, as I did like some of the tones on the FUCK album. If you're chasing his earlier tones, I'm going to guess you'll wind up pretty disappointed. Though, take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I'm in the minority of never really having been "wowed" by the SLO100. There are some really nice sounding clips out there, but for whatever reason, it's just not my thing. Good luck!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Lol, I just realized I posted in this thread like a year ago ... almost said the exact same thing ... I knew it felt familiar! Sorry, my bad ... wasn't trying to drive home a point ... I just forgot!

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
A Soldano SLO isn't what I would go for if I were trying to replicate "authenticly" the sounds of early =\//-/= like if I were in a tribute band or had some kind of OCD about it.

Later stuff, sure. I don't see why you couldn't have a blast playing early =\//-/= on a SLO though.

Wish I had one.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I have many amps

Sorry, I was talking about the SLO100 … you said on the last page that you’d be owning one “very soon”, so I was wondering when it was going to arrive. I know you’ve been on this tone quest for some time now, so excited to see how this amp works out for you. I get the feeling you think I’m taking a swipe at you, but I’m not … I’m happy for you and hope it works out.

pittbull

Reaction score
Thank you I’ve had my new SLO for a month now it’s a amp I should have had in the beginning it’s one bad ass amp I get a kick out of these so called amp people that know/-it-all real simple it’s the amp of all amps

Rodical

Reaction score
The new version SLO has improvements better effects loop then the original and add an Depth control also dc heaters for noise reduction no noise

The effect loop works very well...

Rodical

Reaction score
The effects loop works as it should... Has a volume control for it, have not had any issues with it... Big complaint I've heard on others heads...

cccc

Reaction score
Best SLO demo...

This demo is why I am passing for the moment on a 2203... When I recieve the Soldano slo 100, and if it doesn't jive, I will return and buy an early 80's 2203 or 2204...
I hope there are better demo's than the one you link to because I didn't like the sound of that amp at all.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
The only exception to this, again imo, would be EVH, as I did like some of the tones on the FUCK album. If you're chasing his earlier tones, I'm going to guess you'll wind up pretty disappointed.

Agreed. The 5150 Iconic nails that sound much better for maybe 25% of the price.