Slash S.I.R. #34/#36 Mods in a Marshall 1959HW

Eddylenz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while...
I just finished up this amp for a guy from Poland, it's a Marshall 1959HW with my #34/36 Mod.
The amp turned out great and is extremely fun to play... I could play that Rocket Queen riff all day long haha.
Tomorrow, I can try the amp with a Les Paul and maybe compare it to an AFD100, if that one still works, as it might need some maintenance.

As a huge Slash fan, it's always fun to do one of those mods and to play all these great riffs again!

Tell me what you think!

dragonvalve

Reaction score
Love it!:shred2:

Could this mod be done on a JTM30?

I like the glassy cleans and then the throaty roar, not spikey but in the right set of mid freqs. Freaking genius!

The phone audio is simulated stereo?

You know how Marshall tone knobs don't really make pointed noticeable differences? Well your mod seems to have fixed that.:cool:

Last edited:

Eddylenz

Reaction score
Thanks!
I don't think it could be easily tone and would sound as good.

It's just the straight phone audio at the end, I haven't done anything to it.

Yeah, the tone controls do much more with that mod, especially the mids and treble

dragonvalve

Reaction score
Thanks!
I don't think it could be easily tone and would sound as good.

It's just the straight phone audio at the end, I haven't done anything to it.

Yeah, the tone controls do much more with that mod, especially the mids and treble

Your phone must be set to a simulated stereo setting or actually records in stereo but there's a "separation" sound that sounds artificial.

Is your mod for just certain model Marshalls?

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Great mod. I liked how you can still roll back the volume and it cleans up. I believe the amp Slash used on Appetite was not able to clean up anymore due to the mod.

Eddylenz

Reaction score
Great mod. I liked how you can still roll back the volume and it cleans up. I believe the amp Slash used on Appetite was not able to clean up anymore due to the mod.
Thanks!
Judging by the sound on the records, I don't see why it shouldn't have been able to clean up. My circuit should be very close to the original.