Show Me Your Covers

Calebz

Reaction score
Yeah - there's a show me your riffs thread, but it's not nice to hijack other people's threads.

There's also a covers thread - but there's a ton of random people in there.

This thread is for YOUR covers. Cell phone video. Studio work. Live shit. Demo sessions. Unfinished cover experiments. Whatever.

I have a handful of bits here and there, so I'll start with one I don't think has been shared here (mostly because it isn't finished :D ). I'll post the rest of my tired crap over time to help make this thread feel like someone cares :D

This one is not my normal thing. More like a drunken dare :lol:

Last edited:

aikiguy

Reaction score
Very cool! Love to see what people are up to!

I record covers from time to time for practice in learning,playing, listening, mixing, mastering, and video editing.

I’m not a pro at any of those things, but it’s fun to do….

It’s a slightly different musical direction than how you have gone, but here’s my version of Iron Maiden’s Two Minutes to Midnight. This tune had a really big impact on me when it came out and I was just starting to play.

Two Minutes to Midnight

Cheers!

Calebz

Reaction score
Very cool! Love to see what people are up to!

I record covers from time to time for practice in learning,playing, listening, mixing, mastering, and video editing.

I’m not a pro at any of those things, but it’s fun to do….

It’s a slightly different musical direction than how you have gone, but here’s my version of Iron Maiden’s Two Minutes to Midnight. This tune had a really big impact on me when it came out and I was just starting to play.

Two Minutes to Midnight

Cheers!
That was fucking awesome. You guys absolutely killed it!

bluesguy62

Reaction score
Yeah - there's a show me your riffs thread, but it's not nice to hijack other people's threads.

There's also a covers thread - but there's a ton of random people in there.

This thread is for YOUR covers. Cell phone video. Studio work. Demo sessions. Unfinished cover experiments. Whatever.

I have a handful of bits here and there, so I'll start with one I don't think has been shared here (mostly because it isn't finished :D ). I'll post the rest of my tired crap over time to help make this thread feel like someone cares :D

This one is not my normal thing. More like a drunken dare :lol:

Top notch instrumentation, great vocals; and sweet harmonies. And I absolutely love the cat 😺

Calebz

Reaction score
An old after the gig party jam...we're bit drunk and fun as hell. I'm on the acoustic. Stones cover 🤣

That sounds like a ton of fun. Tired jams at the end of the night can be awesome.

A number of years ago an old band of mine played a festival in October. There were rain delays, wind delays.. we finally wrapped up at 3am. Inevitably there was a bunch of drunks yelling for one more song. Sound guy said cool for one more. Only problem...we didn't have one more. We were an original band working on our first album and our 1 hour set was everything wee had😄

So after a quick huddle and semi-drunken wrangling we busted out with this to close the night (note: I think the sound guy may have increased the crowd noise to make it awesomer 😃 )

Last edited:

Bull Rock

Reaction score
That sounds like a ton of fun. Tired jams at the end of the night can be awesome.

A number of years ago an old band of mine played a festival in October. There were rain delays, wind delays.. we finally wrapped up at 3am. Inevitably there was a bunch of drunks yelling for one more song. Sound guy said cool for one more. Only problem...we didn't have one more. We were an original band working on our first album and our 1 hour set was everything wee had😄

So after a quick huddle and semi-drunken wrangling we busted out with this to close the night (note: I think the sound guy may have increased the crowd noise to make it awesomer 😃 )

Killr 🤘

Derrick111

Reaction score
Here is a cover I did in the late 90s of one of my favorite Cream songs. I used a 1971 Gibson SG Custom straight in to a 1967 Marshall plexi full stack for the rhythm, then I added a 1966 Fuzz Face for the separate melodic notes. I used a 1974 Les Paul Custom '54 RE for the slide, for something different than a direct copy of what Clapton did.

Bull Rock

Reaction score
Here is a cover I did in the late 90s of one of my favorite Cream songs. I used a 1971 Gibson SG Custom straight in to a 1967 Marshall plexi full stack for the rhythm, then I added a 1966 Fuzz Face for the separate melodic notes. I used a 1974 Les Paul Custom '54 RE for the slide, for something different than a direct copy of what Clapton did.

That. Was. Awesome!!! Great job ! All instruments were sick and the drummer is on point 🤘

Latest posts