Rock Candy...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
A few years back (10 years ago), I went to an awards show, in Vegas, & they had a Montrose tribute. This is not too long after Ronnie committed suicide...

Sammy Hagar vocals
Michael Schenker guitar
Michael Anthony bass
Vinnie Paul drums

I recorded the sound. I had a hard time finding any video, this was the only one I could find, really, so, I'm at the mercy of the video provided. The audio starts about 40 seconds before the video, so, it'll be blacked out up until then...

Last edited:

Salty Rose

Reaction score
A few years back (10 years ago), I went to an awards show, in Vegas, & they had a Montrose tribute. This is not too long after Ronnie committed suicide...

Sammy Hagar vocals
Michael Schenker guitar
Michael Anthony bass
Vinnie Paul drums

I recorded the sound. I had a hard time finding any video, this was the only one I could find, really, so, I'm at the mercy of the video provided. The audio starts about 40 seconds before the video, so, it'll be blacked out up until then...

Michael Anthony:hbang:

Lefty68

Reaction score
It's interesting to think about Sammy's trajectory from Montrose to Balance. Continually raising one's profile & commercial success through 3 incarnations over 22 years seems an impressive feat to me.

What other artists have had "9 lives"?

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was born in Oakland in the early 60s , so all our Bay Area bands are close to the heart , Montrose is no exception
I still remember the stoner high school kid ,who was on some kind of punishment detail where he had to oversee recreation activities at our elementary school. My friend Sam and I were 11 yr olds , goin' on about Led Zeppelin . This older kid, Robert ,asked use if we'd heard of Montrose . He said we should check 'em out. "They're from here", he said.
I checked em out and was hooked !
In fact , my oldest brother auditioned for Montrose at 19, after Bill Church left

Sammy is a cool motorscooter. Back in 2010 we were playing on a festival in Italy .also on the bill was Chickenfoot , Sammy's project with Satriani, Mike Anthony and Chad Smith. At some point , Sammy decided he needed to hide out from the action . He chose my dressing room (without asking) to do so. Now the cool thing was, my son Ruben ,who was 13 at the time and heavily into cars , as flippin through a book of Italian sports cars . So Sammy sits down with him and engages , reviewing all the various cars he'd been through, while strummin my acoustic guitar . That was just the coolest thing , for him to engage with my kid like that
Later when we got home , I showed Ruben that old '74 Montrose TV performance so he'd know who he was taklin to

Lefty68

Reaction score
It's interesting to think about Sammy's trajectory from Montrose to Balance. Continually raising one's profile & commercial success through 3 incarnations over 22 years seems an impressive feat to me.

What other artists have had "9 lives"?
It just occured to me...
Free
Bad Company
The Firm
Queen

King Kong ain't got nothin' on Paul Rogers.