fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet there was to have been a 1 before the 966.12.

Wonder if Reverb would make the seller honor the rice if someone actually bought it at $966.12 ?
The .12 thing is something that caught my eye.
Usually see weird prices like that on a currency conversion.
I'm guessing overseas scam from the get-go - amp photos are probably lifted from an old listing.

Central Scrutinizer

Reaction score
Let me know if you come across an “ honest” amp priced that low, so I can wish I could buy it!

Darn scammers are everywhere! The old saying applies, “ if they worked as hard at an honest job as they do stealing, they would be better off” !

In this life AND the next!

playloud

Reaction score
There is a JTM 45 head on Reverb for 1,500.00 and he is accepting offers.

Or just buy one brand new for less: https://www.musicstore.com/en_US/US...nnel-Valve-Head-30W-Black-/art-GIT0009522-000

With gas money from my place in Wyo. to NJ and back I would be better off buying new gear!

I would say "at least you'll see some beautiful places on the way", but you're already in Wyoming...

Weapons Man

Reaction score
Yeah and don't forget currency conversion. I bought my 1959 from a guy in England via Reverb and the currency conversion alone...forget shipping and taxes - was $80.00. That was the fee my credit card charged me to convert dollars to pound sterling. By the time it was over, I should have just bought one here in the US. But, we live and we learn....

Weapons Man

Reaction score
Dig this...the amp I posted above just a few minutes ago....it's already sold. Ha! Guess it was a good deal after all! Looks like he took 1,350 for it.

playloud

Reaction score
Do they ship to the US?

I know Thomann does not ship to the US.

They do. €45

Yeah and don't forget currency conversion. I bought my 1959 from a guy in England via Reverb and the currency conversion alone...forget shipping and taxes - was $80.00. That was the fee my credit card charged me to convert dollars to pound sterling. By the time it was over, I should have just bought one here in the US. But, we live and we learn....

The price of the amp (including shipping) is currently ~US$1364. A currency conversion fee of $80 would be almost 6%, which would be a steep fee indeed!

Obviously check your cards' Ts and Cs. When I lived in the US, I had a Capital One credit card that had 0% fees for currency conversion. I can also recommend Wise, which has exceptionally low fees.

The real "catch" with this method is that you'll need a step up transformer to deliver 230V (or change the PT tap internally, if that's an option). However, you can easily get a quality unit for less than $100. A few US-based members have done exactly that, and been happy with the result.

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Do they ship to the US?

I know Thomann does not ship to the US.

Just to confirm, Thomann does ship to the USA. That is unless something has changed. I bought a Framus amp head from them last January of 2021 and had it shipped here in Tennessee.

The shipping charge wasn't awful and it was here in maybe a week.

The thing that they would not sell me is a Marshall. Marshall's are quite a bit cheaper there. I had just saved up enough money and spotted a Jubilee on there. I tried to buy it and it stated something to the effect of "this item cannot be sold to your country". I guess it would cut into the USA sales...but then again, you'd have to figure out the 230v thing to run it.

I used a voltage converter with the Framus.

cjs42079

Reaction score
Ugh I have a serious dilemma. I live in PA, not far from that JTM45 in NJ with 4x10’s for $2k. I’ve been eyeing it for a while.

Then there’s a 1987x with cab nearby for $2k

Then there’s a ‘79 2203 clean and original with cab for $2,200.

All three are bucket list amps for me. With these prices basically being the same ($2k), what would you do? I k ow where I’m leaning but curious what y’all think.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh I have a serious dilemma. I live in PA, not far from that JTM45 in NJ with 4x10’s for $2k. I’ve been eyeing it for a while.

Then there’s a 1987x with cab nearby for $2k

Then there’s a ‘79 2203 clean and original with cab for $2,200.

All three are bucket list amps for me. With these prices basically being the same ($2k), what would you do? I k ow where I’m leaning but curious what y’all think.

Get the JTM45, and sell me those 1966 cabs that don't match.

Latest posts