Please allow me...

Lefty68

Reaction score
...you know the rest. I'm not a man of wealth, but I did recently acquire some taste. After years of el84 use & abuse, I decided to try some bigger glass. The Origin 20 seemed like a reasonable candidate.
Is it a proper Marshall? It was for me...immediately. That's what brought me here.

Thank you for welcoming me.

Lefty68

Reaction score
Welcome, the 100 watt crowd tolerates us 20 watters (barely) so come on in. It is your turn to buy a round though. :pops:
View attachment 106037
Thanks. Next round's on me.

Funny you should say that...
I'm starting to think that I've been a bit blind to what those higher wattages are really all about.
This simple, "budget friendly" model has essentially made ALL my pedals superfluous. They don't sound bad out front or in the loop...BUT... to my ears,
they take away rather than add. The Origin feels like a more "complete" sound all on its own. I can't help but wonder whether an 800, 900, 1987, etc. is equally game changing.

Thoughts?

C-Grin

Reaction score
Thanks. Next round's on me.

Funny you should say that...
I'm starting to think that I've been a bit blind to what those higher wattages are really all about.
This simple, "budget friendly" model has essentially made ALL my pedals superfluous. They don't sound bad out front or in the loop...BUT... to my ears,
they take away rather than add. The Origin feels like a more "complete" sound all on its own. I can't help but wonder whether an 800, 900, 1987, etc. is equally game changing.

Thoughts?
I do love the straight in tone of mine, but do have a few pedals for boost or flavor. I have an SD-1 a Maxon 808 and an OCD with the gain all the way down and volume up for flavored boost. I just added a Caitlinbread Naga Viper that I am still getting used to. But mostly play with just a bit of delay in the loop. As far as the other big iron Marshalls they are awesome, can someone say down the rabbit hole. :dude:

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Is it a proper Marshall? It was for me...immediately. That's what brought me here.

Thank you for welcoming me.
Of course it's a proper Marshall - in the 'modern' world. For a start, it's all tube.
To me, one of the tests to apply to a small amp is whether it is handy around the house. The Origin has the goods for this such as Direct Out and Wattage Selection x 3.
I'm thinking about people who want to jam at home, maybe record something at home.

Obviously once your band gets to a certain size - like with more synths, horns, vocalists or whatever - you will need more, bigger, Marshalls.