Pink Floyd - One Of These Days Cover

HFloyd

Reaction score

Note to Mods: Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Apologies in advance and feel free to move it!
Edit: Thanks Mods! Will post in this forum in the future :)

So I recently picked up a P-Bass and an Ampeg SVT3-Pro. Naturally the proper thing to do after that is to record a cover of One Of These Days.

Halfway through, I used a Fuzz Face into my Marshall JVM for the slide solo, and if you'll forgive me for bragging, I think it came out freaking awesome (even if I suck ass at slide)

JVMs are fucking cool.

Last edited:

HFloyd

Reaction score
This sounds fu#$%^7 AMAZING .Wow what a job , I mean that this is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo and I have to think this is not one of the easiest songs to perform/play ! Once again Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words :)

I'm working on a Making-Of video. Mostly because I assumed that a song that had two chords in it would be dead simple, but it was a slight nightmare. Good fun though!

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for something I don't remember what.
Great job. I remember dropping Meddle onto the turntable of my brand new (and very expensive) Bang & Olufsen sound system back in the late '70's. Cranked the volume up and I still feel the chill down my spine thinking about how good it sounded.
You really did the track justice...well done. 🙂👍

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

Note to Mods: Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Apologies in advance and feel free to move it!
Edit: Thanks Mods! Will post in this forum in the future :)

So I recently picked up a P-Bass and an Ampeg SVT3-Pro. Naturally the proper thing to do after that is to record a cover of One Of These Days.

Halfway through, I used a Fuzz Face into my Marshall JVM for the slide solo, and if you'll forgive me for bragging, I think it came out freaking awesome (even if I suck ass at slide)

JVMs are fucking cool.

very nice work. dont see many Floyd covers on here.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words :)

I'm working on a Making-Of video. Mostly because I assumed that a song that had two chords in it would be dead simple, but it was a slight nightmare. Good fun though!
The way that it came out was brilliant and perfect IMHO . Totally nailed it and then some , and I have to think that it is not the easiest music to play or record for that matter .

HFloyd

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting such a kind and friendly reaction.

Y'all have put a dumb goofy smile on my face and it's appreciated. :)
Great job. I remember dropping Meddle onto the turntable of my brand new (and very expensive) Bang & Olufsen sound system back in the late '70's. Cranked the volume up and I still feel the chill down my spine thinking about how good it sounded.
You really did the track justice...well done. 🙂👍
It really is one of those things where the first time you hear it, properly loud, it'll make you go: "Woah what the fuck is THAT? Holy shit that's awesome"

Then of course Echoes comes in later on...

Great job. Doesn't really sound like Floyd but such a great composition and great playing from your side
This was one of the things I learned while making the cover. For a long time I was trying to get things to sound EXACTLY like Floyd but then I came to a rather unfortunate realisation.

I am not Pink Floyd.

So I decided to steal as many ideas from them as I could identify and imitate, and fill in the gaps with whatever else I had ;)

StingRay85

Reaction score
You should check out the Swiss band Monkey 3. They also do a modern take on this song. They are inspired by Floyd on most albums they make, still sound fresh and good