Pawn Shop Tele

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be fixable, might be playable - if you like how it looks...
Personally I'm not crazy about the EMG / P-90 set.
Is it worth more than a Squire off the wall at GC? :shrug:
Parts alone (tuners, pups, neck, etc.) are worth something, but not FCS price.

PelliX

Reaction score
Pretty much all been said.

* Fender decal on headstock front not aligned with neck. Custom shop, one-off? Really?
* Three seemingly odd bits of wood glued together as the body?
* No S/N I think can be legit for Custom Shop kit from Fender, but I'm not 100% on that.
* Neck or neckplate look to be on at an angle. I thought the custom shop ones have the stylized 'F'?
* Bridge is totally whack.
* Control cavity cover looks off, too (OK, one of my 100% legit Teles has the control plate skewed a bit...)
* Skunk stripe ends way early before the headstock and the truss rod cavity looks funky.
* Decal on the back of the headstock looks like the water transfer slid a little near the bottom left hand corner ("Limited").
* The more I look at that headstock, the less I agree with its shape near the bulge at the tip.

What year is this supposed to be? Fender always ensure an identifying mark indicating the production date is present. Might be in the neck pocket, heel of the neck, but it should be there.

TL;DR: I'm not the end-all authority on Fender Telecasters, but I would call BS on this. Plays well, you say? Bargain or walk away. Either the seller is scamming you or he honestly doesn't know better.

Latest posts