Origin Clips Only please

Ps. 37

Reaction score
The Orange and the EVH both sound great solar!

My tone preferences lean toward the EVH, but both get the job done. :)

Love the clips! :)

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Orange and the EVH both sound great solar!

My tone preferences lean toward the EVH, but both get the job done. :)

Love the clips! :)
Thanks my friend. I had to really lower amp volume on recent clips to get better recordings. I mean we're talking volume at 2 on the dial. All that glory I get from volume playing got shelved. Big trade off for me. Volume kills the mic though if done how I am recording. Going to focus on better recordings. Missing a lot of overtones playing at such a low volume. Oh well.

Yah I'm glad the 2 cabs are different. Gives me variety. Makes for more adjustments though. I'm having fun!!!

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks my friend. I had to really lower amp volume on recent clips to get better recordings. I mean we're talking volume at 2 on the dial. All that glory I get from volume playing got shelved. Big trade off for me. Volume kills the mic though if done how I am recording. Going to focus on better recordings. Missing a lot of overtones playing at such a low volume. Oh well.

Yah I'm glad the 2 cabs are different. Gives me variety. Makes for more adjustments though. I'm having fun!!!
Dig both clips buddy, truly getting a great raw inspiring tone going with vacation jam.
Volume on 2 no boost ?

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dig both clips buddy, truly getting a great raw inspiring tone going with vacation jam.
Volume on 2 no boost ?
Oh yeah. Forgot about the pedal. The Dane is barely nudging it. Love this pedal. I watched many a clip on the Dane before getting it. Some were great a bunch meh. Pretty much how review's went with the Origin.lol

I read one guys review stating the pedal performs way better than clips are showing. Well I'll be the judge of that, I thought. Mutherfucker was right. I like it best with the Ori. I'm just getting to know it. Overtones on it are bomb. A pedal for early break up to midgain eargasms. :drool:

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
I got my Origin dialed in like something Ted Greene would play on a Fender Twin with his telecaster by using a Klon Klone and a Gibson SG with the neck volume cleaned up a bit.

Since I had P90s, I decided to go with Santana.

solarburn

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to like whatever you post bro, and I enjoy your take on rock..

Cheers
Mitch
Thanks Mitch!:h5:

I'm nudging the front with my Rook pedal plus I'm using my Weber Mass 200 attenuating volume to see how that records. We all know now the Ori's volume really effects it's tone and amount of saturation. I prefer the amp turned up for sure.

Using the attenuator definitely changes the tone. So far the amp turned down records better. Still messing with the attenuator. The IPHONE 13 is very sensitive to volume. It compensates when the mic gets overwhelmed. Makes it tricky to get a good recording in a small room. Looking for that magic spot that records as decent as a phone can hehe.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mitch!:h5:

I'm nudging the front with my Rook pedal plus I'm using my Weber Mass 200 attenuating volume to see how that records. We all know now the Ori's volume really effects it's tone and amount of saturation. I prefer the amp turned up for sure.

Using the attenuator definitely changes the tone. So far the amp turned down records better. Still messing with the attenuator. The IPHONE 13 is very sensitive to volume. It compensates when the mic gets overwhelmed. Makes it tricky to get a good recording in a small room. Looking for that magic spot that records as decent as a phone can hehe.
I have never been able to find it with the Origin, I have come close, but not as good as I can get it with the Dsl40c’s.
And yes the Origins love some volume to deliver the goods.

Mitch