Origin 20 faults

pedecamp

Reaction score
I wanted one but when I tried one in the store with gain dimed and boost on I was getting too loud and it wasnt even breaking up. I figured if its that powerstage dependent even at a comfortable stage Volume it would wind up too clean for me so I passed it up. Ya figure 20w is only 3db lower than 50w and a 50w plexi is WAY too loud for most small/medium stages.
These amps are pedal platforms if you want any gain. I typically run amps at edge of breakup and hit it with an OD clean boost, couldnt do it with this amp even in 1 watt mode its too loud! Definitely not a home amp its good for a stage.

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Have you considered a Marshall Origin 5c combo amp.
They sound really good with an 8" Celestion driver. Effect loop with footswitch make this amp extremely versitile.
Great with pedals and can used for bedroom practice.
Plenty of good tone for compact amp.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
These amps are pedal platforms if you want any gain. I typically run amps at edge of breakup and hit it with an OD clean boost, couldnt do it with this amp even in 1 watt mode its too loud! Definitely not a home amp its good for a stage.

Were you using a single coil guitar? I can get to edge of breakup with an LPS at low volumes.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Were you using a single coil guitar? I can get to edge of breakup with an LPS at low volumes.
Mine start to break up at 3 , but I don’t use the amps boost, I stuff an MXR10 band eq an SD1 in front of it, the last Origin clip I posted had only the 10 band eq in front, and I thought it was pretty damn good..
Cheers
Mitch

Kelia

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm looking into getting one of these, been checking the reviews, videos and what not and came across some YT vids showing problems with signal leakage and overheating components.
Are there known faults that are inherent in this range that WILL cause problems down the road.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated before I spend my hard earned,

Jim
Are you talking about this one ? saw it this mornig , kind of love this tech with a Golden Radio voice !

C-Grin

Reaction score
For what it is at the price point it is at my 20c is pretty damn good. I did get rid of the original speaker and retubed it. Other than that is is on at least 2 hours a day with no issues. I have gone using a Fuzz Face in front of it and use my volume knob on the guitar, sounds awesome. I also use a PS-1 to get it down a few decibels.

Mike Marks

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm looking into getting one of these, been checking the reviews, videos and what not and came across some YT vids showing problems with signal leakage and overheating components.
Are there known faults that are inherent in this range that WILL cause problems down the road.

Any answers will be greatly appreciated before I spend my hard earned,

Jim

I had 20H and loved it, after I sold it I ended up getting a combo but put a 12 inch speaker, woudnt swap it for the world, for night playing I just put volume down on low watts and use an Ibanez TS808.

Latest posts