Ok Blues Man

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
When I click on the link this is what I see:

View attachment 106473

What am I missing?

Edit: nevermind. I see Macchio now.

@StrummerJoe who actually played that part?
Ry Cooder did the slide work. Arlen Roth, another fantastic player and wonderful gentleman, played some parts too.

Of course Steve Vai played the Eugene's Trick Bag finale.

don550

Reaction score
Southside of Chicago Blues… I grew up there and there are so many bad ass guitar players from that side of town.. For one is Ronald Prince….

I knew him well when I was a kid and starting out.. he had a Marshall and a 8x10 cabinet and I remember listening to him play for and with some of the best in Chicago… Listening to his amp is what made me know I would always have a Marshall amp as my #1 amp.. There is so much talent from that side of town most people have never heard of . I remember a time that you could walk into a lot of taverns and see players that would make your jaw drop…

It’s sad that the Southside has lost one it’s most valued places in history to hear phenomenal blues men perform to gang infested areas filled with lunatic rappers who promote death and violence..

Long live the Blues……

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AlvisX i know you can add to this one bro. (where ever in the world your located)

Alvis is blues'd out .........

But since you axed .......

My friend , Henry J. Townsend ! He was 19 when he made this record .....blow that Robt Johnson right outa the water...
Highest compliment anyone ever paid me ,playin music ,was Henry ....who said of a song I wrote ,"Man, that sounds like me ."
He passed away in the Fall of 2006 at the age of 96

Latest posts