New video by my original band

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Original band from the 80s..,lol
We re recorded this song a couple of year ago for a "deal" with TNA records. We had originally recorded another version for our record back in 1989 and we decided to get back together and redo some songs for the new TNA dealio. Fwiw, nothing really ever happened with both deals. Back in the 80's we were moving forward in our area and getting interest from bigger labels but we ran out of time and the scene collapsed and we all moved on to other bands. Our drummer put the clips to the music.

Last edited:

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Great tone and playing as always Mike!! Hope you are well my friend!
Darryl! Thanks so much! I hope all is well with you.... glad to reconnect and see you in here!
Fun to look back at the old days!
Yea man! Young and ready to take on the world...haha
That was an awesome ... ahem, Awëzöme track. Unfortunately, the video gave me epilepsy, paranoia and a side order of anthropophobia.

I'd love to hear more.
Thanks! The drummer made that video out of the blue... he's a big horror fan and apparently is not affected by blinking lights and fast scene cuts..haha....I felt like you when I watched it...haha
Sounds great. Awesome tone on guitar and bass. Nice vibrato.

It's no wonder you guys were getting interest from the big boys.

Cool video too.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers!
Thanks! We were gaining traction right until the big changeover to grunge. We were moving up in our local scene and doing showcases for several labels and the excitement was building until boom! We had a small deal but our label had us distributed by CBS, so we were moving in the right direction. Then the scene changed overnight....within a couple of months the clubs went from packed to sparse. I had no idea what was happening and thought I'd try to jump into something else but everyone else has similar ideas and our scene quickly became flooded with new bands consisting of a mix of members from old bands on the scene.....like some heavy metal hail mary pass in the 4th quarter of metal vs grunge...lol.
Mike as far as I am concerned this is still relevant today..
Excellent playing and tone.. this is a rocker that has no tomorrow, or a yesterday..
And I would like to hear more…

Mitch
Thanks for sharing brother..

Cheers
Thanks! It's fun for me to listen now and then and remember all of the fun and excitement.

I'll def post up some more. thanks!!!

Last edited:

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Cool Mike.. what happened to your Ozzy Tribute band? You guys rocked
Thanks! Still playing in the Ozzy tribute with my son. My youngest son has also been sitting in on drums.
Last weekend:
FB_IMG_1661118096342.jpg
FB_IMG_1661118130020.jpg
FB_IMG_1660586099410.jpg

Very cool. Great playing and overall a killer song!
Thank you!!!

jchrisf

Reaction score
Thanks! She has a great voice and pitch but is not interested in performing. We tried but no such luck.

Check out little bro..lol... he's 17 and loving playing! View attachment 114121
Really cool.. and that is too bad... families seem to be making it in the business now. Yours would be cool because dad would be the mix. Usually it is siblings.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Really cool.. and that is too bad... families seem to be making it in the business now. Yours would be cool because dad would be the mix. Usually it is siblings.
Thanks! The three of us may do a cover band with our fav songs. My son's have wide range of favorite music....all of the good 80s.rock/metal plus steely Dan, eagles, toto, zep, queen, etc....so we are thinking about finding the right singer and doing something like that.

I'd love for the two of them to hook up with a new band or artist and go on tour, record, etc....they both rip!

Last edited:

aikiguy

Reaction score
I’m a little late to the party but I just checked this out…. Really dig it a lot. Everything about it is great, guitar sound, mix, solo…. Everything. Really well done, man….

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I missed this the first time too. So good to see you back!! Great song, rockin!! I really like it!!
Nice to see the Ozzy Tribute still going too!
Cheers