New to The Forum

Gbsmusic

Reaction score
I'm on a bunch of the other forums same username I just pulled the trigger this evening on a jubilee 2525H I was reading the reviews online and a couple different people said to go to this forum to get the secrets of really making it sound it's best. I'm looking forward to getting it right now I have a Friedman 112 cabinet with a 65 cream back in it. I've had several Marshalls in the past and just about everything else but I've moved into a small place and going to scale down quite a bit I've heard these things are still incredibly loud but they sound good at a regular volume. Looking forward to read as much information as I can and can't wait to get the Little Beast and try it out! I'm 53 years old been playing since 83 very serious at times and then slacked off with a marriage and a child but starting to play more and more now being semi-retired. I posted this in the wrong area but after exploring the Forum I realized this is where I introduced myself.

Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum.
I've got no secrets for the 2525, 'cause I've got no 2525.
Lots of info if you use the search, or post up any questions you have.

Jamil Ecrire

Reaction score
Tips to make it sound best IMO: good speaker(s), noodle around with the settings until you like how it sounds!

Mine:

abkeller1

Reaction score
I'm on a bunch of the other forums same username I just pulled the trigger this evening on a jubilee 2525H I was reading the reviews online and a couple different people said to go to this forum to get the secrets of really making it sound it's best. I'm looking forward to getting it right now I have a Friedman 112 cabinet with a 65 cream back in it. I've had several Marshalls in the past and just about everything else but I've moved into a small place and going to scale down quite a bit I've heard these things are still incredibly loud but they sound good at a regular volume. Looking forward to read as much information as I can and can't wait to get the Little Beast and try it out! I'm 53 years old been playing since 83 very serious at times and then slacked off with a marriage and a child but starting to play more and more now being semi-retired. I posted this in the wrong area but after exploring the Forum I realized this is where I introduced myself.
If you don't dial it in correctly won't sound good. the EQ are not like a regular Marshall. MV must be at least a little above 6 closer to 7 and keep the other two inputs lower, most don't do that and treat it like a regular Marshall which its NOT. and crank the other two inputs and keep the MV low and wonder why it doesn't sound so great. The rest of the EQ's are very sensitive. You can max out the Bass and it stays tighter than tight unlike most Marshall where it can get a little flubby. So Again opening that M.V really opens the amp up and doesn't have to be loud you can lower the volume with the other two controls. The 5 watt mode unforunatly thins out the amp. That's my 2cents. Marshall V-30's or U.K. made V30's sound best, next is Greenback. I don't see that Creamback sounding so good with this amp as it's more compressed than most marshall's so it's needs a bright speaker.

Last edited:

rr82rip

Reaction score
I have all 3 studio versions with matching cabs and they are all awesome but to be honest, I like the Jubilee the best.

This is how I have mine set and putting a Boss SD-1 up front is the key. SD-1 Level on Full, Tone around 1:00am, Drive around 8:00pm or 9:00pm depending on taste.

As far as the Jubilee settings this is how I am running mine and the Marshall Growl just grows as you turn up the Lead Master. Sounds great at low volume too.

Presence = 6
Bass = 9
Middle = 6 3/4
Treble = 4
Output Master = 8
Lead Master = Master Volume so keep this down when you turn it on.
Input Gain = 9

Sounds so good (at least to my ears ) that I marked all these with a sharpie so I would never forget.

0.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG

Latest posts