fl_799

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Been visiting this form for quite a while as a lurker. Kinda gave up on the various guitar and amp forums many moons ago but like the civil discussion here.

Been a Marshall player since the late 80's. I've bought and sold tons of vintage Plexi and metal panel Marshalls over the years, later getting into the early reissues. Many times, I'd find non-working but now desirable vintage amps at fair prices and learned how to repair them myself, then later figure out how and why some of these amps sounded or felt better than others. That lead to modifying reissues with PTP boards and upgraded trannies when George started Metroamp many years ago and then building my own. Learning and studying the various Marshall circuits and experimenting with cap values, resistors, and filtering has been one of life's great pleasures. Honing these skills also helped me restore and fix up a few old Analog Synths (Oberheim OBXA, MOOGS, KAWAI's, Chroma Polaris) and a few Echoplex EP2 and EP3's along the way.

Also have a few bone stock newer Marshalls (DSL40c w/ Creamback Celestion and a JVM 210H) that I really like. Occasionally, I'll check out amps from other manufacturers and always seem to be disappointed in them one way or another. Nothing so far as come close to replacing my Marshall amps and hand built clones. Marshall SNOB here and proud of it too!

James

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Been visiting this form for quite a while as a lurker. Kinda gave up on the various guitar and amp forums many moons ago but like the civil discussion here.

Been a Marshall player since the late 80's. I've bought and sold tons of vintage Plexi and metal panel Marshalls over the years, later getting into the early reissues. Many times, I'd find non-working but now desirable vintage amps at fair prices and learned how to repair them myself, then later figure out how and why some of these amps sounded or felt better than others. That lead to modifying reissues with PTP boards and upgraded trannies when George started Metroamp many years ago and then building my own. Learning and studying the various Marshall circuits and experimenting with cap values, resistors, and filtering has been one of life's great pleasures. Honing these skills also helped me restore and fix up a few old Analog Synths (Oberheim OBXA, MOOGS, KAWAI's, Chroma Polaris) and a few Echoplex EP2 and EP3's along the way.

Also have a few bone stock newer Marshalls (DSL40c w/ Creamback Celestion and a JVM 210H) that I really like. Occasionally, I'll check out amps from other manufacturers and always seem to be disappointed in them one way or another. Nothing so far as come close to replacing my Marshall amps and hand built clones. Marshall SNOB here and proud of it too!

James
:welcome: to the forum.

Latest posts