New guitar incoming, Charvel

El Gringo

Reaction score
yeah. might be what i said above though. nobody knows whats really there though. hell not even me any more lol.
i find crap all the times ive forgotten about cause i hae seen it in yrs.
We could be related as I have so much crap and stuff and some of it has been a long time since I laid eyes on it . If it's buried it's because I haven't had much use for it and if I don't need it why bother wasting energy to look for it and find it ?

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
We could be related as I have so much crap and stuff and some of it has been a long time since I laid eyes on it . If it's buried it's because I haven't had much use for it and if I don't need it why bother wasting energy to look for it and find it ?
i go through stages. i use this that and the 3rd and put everything else away.
this goes for about a yr and all of a sudden i pack all that crap up and go to
storage and chose all new gear and store the "recently used" away. rinse and repeat lol.
right now im on my Egnator rebel 20, a LP, and the strat in my avitar.
oh my fav HW1 stays out no matter what crap im using. i just love the damn thing.
so its easy to forget what i have when doing this method. out of sight out of mind.

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
say OP, how do those charvels play compared to the 80's versions in your opinion?
me, i like the 80s stuff better but that might just be because thats what i grew up on
and fell in love with many moons ago. might just all be in my head.
I’ll let you know, TBH I haven’t played an 80s charvel since I sold my model 2 in 2010.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I’ll let you know, TBH I haven’t played an 80s charvel since I sold my model 2 in 2010.
oh ok.
i think your gonna like that new fiddle.
somebody mentioned that wasnt a real floyd on that guitar?
i think this was the thread anyways.

Moony

Reaction score
Yep it's not a Floyd Special - I really dislike those and never understood why guitar manufacturers put them into $800 guitars. That's a no go for me!

The 1000 series is fine, the metal is not as hard as on the German ones - but you normally don't have any problems with it.
Besides the slack of the bar sometimes - then I would just buy a German replacement bar. It fits tighter when screwed on and there's no slack. It should be probably under 20 bucks.

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep it's not a Floyd Special - I really dislike those and never understood why guitar manufacturers put them into $800 guitars. That's a no go for me!

The 1000 series is fine, the metal is not as hard as on the German ones - but you normally don't have any problems with it.
Besides the slack of the bar sometimes - then I would just buy a German replacement bar. It fits tighter when screwed on and there's no slack. It should be probably under 20 bucks.
I’ll get one like my Schecters have, they’re push in, there’s a small set screw on the side to set tension.

Derek S

Reaction score
Congrats, great looking guitar! I also love that color, it reminds me a little of the light blue shade from the 80's (often seen with chrome hardware).

Look forward to pics when you have it in your hands!

El Gringo

Reaction score
i go through stages. i use this that and the 3rd and put everything else away.
this goes for about a yr and all of a sudden i pack all that crap up and go to
storage and chose all new gear and store the "recently used" away. rinse and repeat lol.
right now im on my Egnator rebel 20, a LP, and the strat in my avitar.
oh my fav HW1 stays out no matter what crap im using. i just love the damn thing.
so its easy to forget what i have when doing this method. out of sight out of mind.
I hear you and can relate . I can also say that it's fun to stumble on a piece of gear and get inspired by it . That has happened to me before ,followed by the thought of why didn't I pull this piece of gear out sooner . The one thing I am guilty of is playing /using what's in front of me , as the herd are all on stands and easy to reach for . The pedals are a whole other story as they are in various places , and would require some work to get to .

Last edited:

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, here’s the link for the Floyd push in bar system, just ordered one, 23 bucks with 2 day shipping, original equipment for Floyd 1500 (Schecter) and fits original and 1000 series also.

Latest posts