New Guitar Day

pedecamp

Reaction score
Oh another thing, when I turn the volume and tone knobs they immediately go to a muffled mud mess, this is the first time I used Bournes pots they are 500k audio, I have to check the cap thats installed not sure what it is but I wouldnt think it would make the volume go to mud, I'm just trying to lower volume to clean up the tone but I just lose all my highs and get mud! I'm confused here...

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Congrats. That's one homely bitch. God is that ugly.

Did that come with a wheelchair??

Lol.

:cheers:

pedecamp

Reaction score
Congrats. That's one homely bitch. God is that ugly.

Did that come with a wheelchair??

Lol.

:cheers:
Really?? Its like a bare bones rock machine, its got everything I need, Gibson humbucker in the bridge, Fender single coil in the neck, best of both worlds and the tones I like most! :yesway:

Last edited:

pedecamp

Reaction score
Oh another thing, when I turn the volume and tone knobs they immediately go to a muffled mud mess, this is the first time I used Bournes pots they are 500k audio, I have to check the cap thats installed not sure what it is but I wouldnt think it would make the volume go to mud, I'm just trying to lower volume to clean up the tone but I just lose all my highs and get mud! I'm confused here...
I figured this out, the wiring was wonky out of control, I found Jag-Stang wiring online and did some surgery on mine to match and everything is all fixed! Moved some wiring around, replaced the 47k tone cap with 22k, and put copper foil on the back of the pickguard for better grounding/shielding. And this all fixed the tone for the better, I might just leave well enough alone regarding the pickups. :yesway:

Last edited:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Really?? Its like a bare bones rock machine, its got everything I need, Gibson humbucker in the bridge, Fender single coil in the neck, best of both worlds and the tones I like most! :yesway:

Just playin' with ya for beating me up. :sick:

Lol. :yesway:

pedecamp

Reaction score
Sold, never got along with it. Hopefully the next owner will give it the love it needs. :yesway:

Last edited:

Latest posts