New Guitar Day

pedecamp

Reaction score
Just got this last week, a knock off Mustang, my tech just re-glued the frets, installed a new nut and did a setup. The electronics are horrible and noisy but at least it now plays well, I'll probably be gutting it this weekend, new pots, jack, pickups, wiring, and at some point switches. Its kind of cool for getting my Nirvana on. :yesway:

pZe1lzQ.jpg

Wildeman

Reaction score
I dig Mustangs, i had a red '65 some years ago that was pretty cool, had a tiny A neck though that was hard to play so i let it go, had a '64 Jag with the same problem, prolly shoulda kept them seeing what they bring now. I bought my wife a new surf green Duo Sonic a couple years ago and it is bad ass! No pencil neck on that one. 20220122_142141.jpg

Last edited:

pedecamp

Reaction score
Definitely blue, not green.

It looks daphne blue on my monitor.

Happy NGD! But damn, your guitar pics are always bassackwards...it messes with me and makes me dizzy. :scratch:

It looks BLUE on my monitor too.
Cool I'm glad it shows up blue its a really cool color, I'm looking at it in the room and it looks blue but on my screen looks surf green LOL. Just checked, it actually does look blue on my phone! :yesway:

Last edited:

pedecamp

Reaction score
So I gutted it today and rewired everything, I hope its not a dud it doesnt sound right, the 500T I took out of an LP sounded great in the LP but not so great in the Mustang bridge position, and I have a Dimarzio FS-1 in the neck position that sounds OK. I was expecting the 500T to blow me away I love it but its got some weird tonality going on in the Mustang. Gonna have to figure this out and put something else in the bridge. I have a couple Bourns 500K pots installed and a Switchcraft jack. I need to find a couple 2 way slider switches but no hurry the ones in there seem to be working. All these new parts got rid of the noise its nice and quiet now. :yesway:

Last edited:

Phony iommi

Reaction score
Just got this last week, a knock off Mustang, my tech just re-glued the frets, installed a new nut and did a setup. The electronics are horrible and noisy but at least it now plays well, I'll probably be gutting it this weekend, new pots, jack, pickups, wiring, and at some point switches. Its kind of cool for getting my Nirvana on. :yesway:

pZe1lzQ.jpg
Cool guitar!
What do you mean by “knock off”?
Is this the same thing as a chibson but with a fender?

Latest posts