Never Judge a Kid by His Looks...

Derek S

Reaction score
It's cool, saw him pull off a couple things that made me go "whoa, now that little move was really interesting!", etc, which made it worth the listen IMO. But, I could only make it a few min and then tapped out because sadly, yeah, it's stuff we've seen before. That could be me though, I'm older and admit I'm broken, I've been watching virtuoso skill level guitar work for eons, it no longer has the ability to impress me (regardless of age). Guess I'm burnt out on it. Hell, 18 yr old Jason Becker was playing insanely difficult, clean, blazing fast, intricate arpeggios and lines with one hand while twirling a yo yo with the other 40 years ago....nobody is exactly re-writing the guitar playing book (at other worldly levels) these days, not for a long time that is, been there done that for ages, heh.

I won't get into the flash in the pan vs established career vs recognition, etc, debate...because the fact is, even if I personally didn't find anything he played "memorable", you never know what a players goal is so you can't really judge - for all we know this young guy may not give a shit about a career in music, getting paid, becoming an iconic voice, etc. He may just love to play guitar for the joy of it. I like to believe that many real, sincere artists probably play guitar for THEMSELVES and nobody else. Is he like that? Sure hope so, that mentality would serve him well if he falls into the bottomless pit of the super skilled, talented players that came before him and vanished forever (it's a crowded pit).

M JUBE 64

Reaction score
insanely talented but at the same time makes me anxious listening to it. In the same vein as Polyphia. But, more power to the kid and the work he put in to get that good.

M JUBE 64

Reaction score
Amazing talent . Those youngsters surely have put a lot of work , time and dedication in to get to that level of mastery . Those who dont appreciate it or knock and dismiss "that kind" of music or playing , are usually lazy old farts who have been noodling on guitars for way too many years and still sound like crap and cant do 3 chords right even on their best day . :)
so opinions other than WOW and AWESOME are not allowed and we are just old BOOMER farts to you?

M JUBE 64

Reaction score
nobody has said, that other opinions are not allowed, except those insinuating that others are saying that...

boomerfart... :)...
ok, just wanted to be clear. I already said he was mega talented, just not my cup of tea. I remember I used to be impressed with Yngwie when he first came to the scene. 40 years later, bores the livin hell out of me. Cheers!