Never Judge a Kid by His Looks...

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
That style of playing is NOT something I care to listen to. Sounds like what happens when you combine an ADHD and autistic kid who DOES practice with an overdose of energy drinks plus a dose of Ritalin for good measure.

Technically it's amazing but can you dance to it or will you still be singing it 30 years from now? Will it ever be the earworm song you can't get out of your head? No, no, and no.

To my final moments I'll be able to hear innumerable Steely Dan songs in my head just by thinking the name. THAT'S music.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Technically it's amazing but can you dance to it or will you still be singing it 30 years from now? Will it ever be the earworm song you can't get out of your head? No, no, and no.

To my final moments I'll be able to hear innumerable Steely Dan songs in my head just by thinking the name. THAT'S music.
I don't think one has to be able to dance to it to make it music. Segovia, Liona Boyd... some amazing talent there and music. Won't be on radio, won't be an earworm. Still fantastic music.
This kid is crazy good! Unreal...

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the boy can play! No doubt about it. But it's technical showing off first and foremost, and that just doesn't hold my attention.

B.B. King reminded us that it only takes ONE note played right, in the right time and place, to be music.

chocol8

Reaction score
The difference between being a great guitar player and a great musician...

At least he is young and has time to make the transition.

Rokinroller

Reaction score
Amazing talent . Those youngsters surely have put a lot of work , time and dedication in to get to that level of mastery . Those who dont appreciate it or knock and dismiss "that kind" of music or playing , are usually lazy old farts who have been noodling on guitars for way too many years and still sound like crap and cant do 3 chords right even on their best day . :)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey, I resemble that remark! :cool:

I just know what styles of guitar playing sound good enough to me that I want to play it again. And it's not that style, or YJM's shred-til-I'm-dead neoclassical style, or several others.
A lot of people said that about VH too...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Dude needs to transition over to electric guitar and become rock god.
there's a guy, that a buddy of mine played w/, who did the exact opposite. He was doing the VH copy style thing, then started doing flamenco, now, he's one of the word's most popular flamenco players...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I hear a Tim Henson influence, especially w/ the rhythmic approach & also the melodic intervals...

it's kind of a new style, reminds me of Tim Burton movies, somewhat zany in it's approach, which may go against the typical/normal senses, but, I think it's some good stuff.

I don't think that just because people are playing at a level way above you, means that everything is showboating. It can be more of a reflection on you & your lack of musicality, &/or understanding of music.

I bet people thought that people said the same thing about all the classical masters, in their day. What's this new stuff, they are showboating, we want our 3 chord pub songs...

Time will only tell, how music progresses, in the future. What will stand the test of time, or not. Maye we are headed to where music is "outdated" altogether & becomes an obsolete abstract...

Last edited:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I bet people thought that people said the same thing about all the classical masters, in their day. What's this new stuff, they are showboating, we want our 3 chord pub songs...
Yes it's known that Mozart was "instrumental" in changing people's views of music at the time. :D